Bad Experience with The Cichlids Place

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad Experience with The Cichlids Place

Was placing an order with Rene. Everything was going good until the day of shipping. He told me shipping charge was $80 through USPS which I paid in advance. Today he TEXTs me, no not CALL, TEXT and says that shipping charge was $260, and he decided to ship it BEFORE CONFIRMING IT WITH ME and wants me to pay the extra charge. Needless to say I wasn't going to pay another $180 for shipping, after agreeing on $80. Could have saved all of the hassle if he would have just given me the right cost for shipping in the beginning.

Last edited by duckie673; 04-02-2013, 08:01 PM.

Sounds like alot of fish ... did you get your fish yet?
    Scarecrow : I haven't got a brain... only straw.
    Dorothy : How can you talk if you haven't got a brain?
    Scarecrow: I don't know... But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking... don't they?
    Dorothy: Yes, I guess you're right.

Comment

No. I told him I wasn't going to pay for the difference in the shipping, I told him I was going to leave bad feedback for him on this site, and he went and cancelled the shipping, and refunded my money. All the hassle could have been avoided.

Comment

What did you order? 80 seems low, and 260 seems high for express. Obviously it was adult, WC fish if it came from rene so you really have to over-pack them

Comment

For those that have bought items from me, you can testify to the way I do business. For the new guys, you'll have to take a chance and see how I treat my customers.

BTW, USPS was an exception that I made just for you to ship the item to Wausau, WI since southwest (the cheapest) doesnt fly to Wausau, WI. And you didnt want to drive to Milwaukee to pick the fish up.

After you said you didnt want the item I called the USPS and stopped the shipment. I issued you a full refund within 5mins of stopping the shipment. So please tell me exactly what the bad experience is?

Comment

Yes I agree. I order tembwes. They are all big fish, but I'm just saying if the right price for shipping was given to me in the beginning I wouldn't have ordered in the first place. Yeah I told you that It wasn't going to work if your only shipping was to Milwaukee, You offered to ship them through USPS for 80. Here is our conversation on facebook:

• John Lor
              Yeah I figured, If shipping is only going to Milwaukee then I'm going to have to pass. To far of a drive for me(3 hrs each way), I don't have the time to pick them up. Unless we figure out a different shipping method, looks like we won't be able to make this work. Maybe once the weather warms I'll contact you again and use FedEx. Sorry for wasting your time.

• 9:40pm

The Cichlids Place
              delta, united and america airlines go to cwa. the problem is I dont have an account with them. talked to american airline rep and it will take 6week to register with them as a known shipper

let me check with one of my friends to see whether they got an account with any of the airlines that goes to cwa

• 9:50pm

John Lor
              Alright.

[*=center]March 26

• 7:30am

The Cichlids Place
              I called my friends and everyone uses southwest cargo freight because its much cheaper.
              I've registered with delta this morning to be a known shipper, now just have to wait

• 8:03am

The Cichlids Place
              I can use USPS overnite or next day guarantee shipment. You'll have to be home to receive the fish on the first attempt

• 8:06am

John Lor
              With USPS do you offer live arrival guaranteed?

• 8:14am

The Cichlids Place
              Here is the USPS info (Express Mail...approximately $40 per box)
              If I ship by noon, it will get there by noon the next day.
              For 12 Fronts, I will use 2 boxes, each box holding 6 fronts.

• 8:27am

John Lor
              We can use that, As long as you offer live arrival guaranteed.

• 8:50am

The Cichlids Place
              I take care of all DOA, but you must be there for the first attempt for me to cover any DOA

I will add doa instructions to the packaging. If any doa, you'll get instant refund through paypal

• 8:56am

John Lor
              Alright. I still have yet to go to the bank yet. I'll pay you as soon as I get to the bank to deposit some money.

• 9:04am

The Cichlids Place
              since we're using usps, you've topay for the shipment upfront as well. I'm estimating box boxes...$80 total

The bad experience not giving right shipping cost and, shipping it at a higher rate than given and just expecting me to pay for the difference without even confirming it with me.
            Last edited by duckie673; 04-02-2013, 06:31 PM.

Comment

That makes more sense. I don't see any bad from Rene, definitely if you're used to shipping/ordering fish online. Shipping prices change dramatically based on how you ship. USPS is most convenient, but pricey with big orders.

Comment

Re: Bad Experience with The Cichlids Place

Duckie, this sounds like a big misunderstanding. If you take this as a bad experience, then I want to see your reaction when you get fish that are sick out of the bag, or about half the size that they were advertised at, or get the wrong ratio or flat out get the wrong fish. A misunderstanding on the cost of shipping is trivial in the big picture.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
                http://www.facebook.com/DAScolorado

Comment

Misunderstanding the shipping price I can live with that, but shipping them at $180 more and just expected me to agree or pay for that, before confirming it with me. Just bad business.
                  Last edited by duckie673; 04-02-2013, 06:50 PM.

Comment

Just looks like a misunderstanding to
                    me.
                    Wc Canry Cheek, Lufubu

Comment

Originally posted by duckie673 View Post
                      Misunderstanding the shipping price I can live with that, but shipping them at $180 more and just expected me to agree or pay for that, before confirming it with me. Just bad business.
                      I'm sorry for your sake that it turned out that way. Just want to put it out there that Rene gave you the best possible fix given the situation. I know for a fact that most other importers are not that quick to refund your money if they agree to at all. I know that "store credit" is what's offered sometimes

As far as Rene's fish go, best quality I've seen shipped and he doesn't fudge the sizes like some importers I know of.

Again, I'm sorry about the outcome.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
                      Last edited by SunnyHouTX; 04-02-2013, 07:05 PM.
                      http://www.facebook.com/DAScolorado

Comment

Well put Sunny.

Comment

Someone who ships (although it's not used much), should know that usps express costs about 50-70% more when you take it to the office instead of printing a label from home but on the other end, getting your money back quickly with no loss isn't worth ranting on a random forum page

Comment

Random fourm page? hahah. Just so happens that the The Cichlids Place is a retailer on here? Not really sure what you mean random just because I just sign up recently or I'm not from Texas so I'm not allowed on here?
                            Last edited by duckie673; 04-02-2013, 07:32 PM.

Comment

I pretty much see a rant to
                              all for nothing he did what he had to do didn't work out
                              and he refunded your money
                              promptly.
                              Wc Canry Cheek, Lufubu

Comment

Working...
                              X