Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

someone have tried this led spot lights ????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• someone have tried this led spot lights ????

Hi i am looking at this light (spot leds )

does someone have tried before ??

125 gal-P. Kachase,simochromis, vampire pleco,bn pleco,bulldog pleco

55 gal- Ilangis ,clown pleco,abn pleco,rubber lip pleco

55 gal-Canary cheek,Ikola,duboisi, and fry

10 gal -fry tank,snails

For freshwater or salt? I tried that guys led light bars and they were terrible. Had them over my tank for less than 5min before sending them back

Comment

For saltwater

10 gal -fry tank,snails

Comment

Just avoid those lights or any cheap leds. With this being your first SW tank, just get a 4-6 bulb t5ho or MH and be done with it. Go through the 6-12months of saltwater headaches then dish money and upgrade after that imo if you're still into the tank.

Comment

since i do freshwater, im going to order one for the 55g and ill let yall know. thanks for the heads up.
          FRENCH FRY!!!

55g - Vieja Synspilum 'Biotope'

Comment

I think Jozle is using these or at least they're very similar to his. He's got them on planted tanks and it seems like they're growing well.

I'm with Andrew. Go with MH or T5HO for less headaches or dish out the money up front for good LEDs. IMO MH is awesome.
            Last edited by mistahoo; 03-09-2013, 01:19 PM.

Comment

I have 2 of the 50w 14k on my 40gallon breeder tank. And the 20w uv. With 2 t5 36" actinic blue. Corals are doing better under this set up. Old set up was 4 t5. Keeping softies. Lps. And anemome. If I had to do it again I would go with a DIY led. Over this set up. With all those lights it cost me around 300$

Comment

I would like to go t5 but I have a canopy
                In the 55g tank I am not sure it will fit with legs

Unless they are hanging , that what I like how those LEDs
                Look specially his 46 gallon the light in te video look really nice.

Question if I put a t5 in top of glass would burn the middle brace?

10 gal -fry tank,snails

Comment

Go to City Pets and ask Donnie about the Reef optics LED. Its cheap and they using it in some of their tank.

Comment

Originally posted by Geral View Post
                    I would like to go t5 but I have a canopy
                    In the 55g tank I am not sure it will fit with legs

Unless they are hanging , that what I like how those LEDs
                    Look specially his 46 gallon the light in te video look really nice.

Question if I put a t5 in top of glass would burn the middle brace?
                    Not sure if it would burn but I doubt it. Just mount some wood on each end of the canopy to support the fixture.

Comment

Originally posted by Jose View Post
                      Not sure if it would burn but I doubt it. Just mount some wood on each end of the canopy to support the fixture.
                      It would eventually break from too much heat after a long time. +1 on making mounts of each end just to get it off the glass.

Comment

what about this one look nice

Reef optics the ones in CP they are nice only down side is not dimmable

10 gal -fry tank,snails

Comment

This one is the best bang for your buck

Comment

Reefbreeders has some good reviews but with a 55g, he would probably need 2, small fixtures. For a first SW tank, I really wouldn't recommend spending 600+ on a risk for chinese led lights. Just get two 250w MH for a sure thing success for a whole lot cheaper

Comment

These are 20w 15000k cool white flood lights used for my saltwater fish only tank. I originally had Kessil on the tank.

Found this now I am trying to decide for this ones or the ones in CP reef optics

10 gal -fry tank,snails

Comment

Working...
                              X