My first LEGIT puffer.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first LEGIT puffer.

Extreme Fish n Pets had baby fahakas today and they only had 3 left. I got the healthiest looking one there.
    I have 2 pea puffers but I don't consider them legit because I never see them and they're tiny. The guy is all settled in, bullying the Paradise Bullies and being bullied by the baby Oscar (Plan on moving the Oscar out).
    He moves too much, couldn't get a decent picture but this is the best I can get.
    Will trade Fish Stuff for Camera Lens and Anime Figures.

Re: My first LEGIT puffer.

Nice! They are awesome fish. Good luck!
    20g mixed reef

Comment

Re: My first LEGIT puffer.

nice how much were they goin for there ?
      Wc Canry Cheek, Lufubu

Comment

40 but the lady will sell it to you for 30.

Comment

Hey! Pea Puffers are legit! I'd be happy to take your two off your hands if you don't want them. How big is the Fahaka?

Comment

Originally posted by mistahoo View Post
            Hey! Pea Puffers are legit! I'd be happy to take your two off your hands if you don't want them. How big is the Fahaka?
            2" I don't mind if you take the pea puffers. The Dump tank that they were living in is starting to crash due to BBA and RBA. Going to do a complete restart on it.

Comment

2"?! That's awesome! You'll be able to see him grow into a beast!

I'll take them when I'm in the area. Did you have them with shrimp or anything?

Comment

1 cherry shrimp. They don't bother him though, they eat water fleas and snails that are booming in that tank. I never have to feed them.

Comment

Very nice little puffer. He will grow to be a beast! What are you going to name him? Water puppies need a name...
                  Nothing Kills Evil Like a Sharp Stick...

Comment

Congrats! Getting a fahaka is a big commitment, but they make great buddies. I agree, water puppies need a name!
                    "I think that God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability." -Oscar Wilde

Comment

Hmmm, haven't thought of one yet. I'm thinking of Huffy? Not sure what to name him. All my plecos have names lol.

Comment

Huffy is not a bad name but you have time. Our puffers names are Limon, Lime, and Boot. Each one has its own personality.
                        Nothing Kills Evil Like a Sharp Stick...

Comment

i love my fahaka! i agree that it's incredibly cool to get one so tiny and watch it grow.. and yes, it needs a name. i think the first step is deciding if it's a boy/girl, (no way of knowing so just pick what you want lol) then go with a name you like. :)
                          my fish house:
                          2.5g- ramshorn hatchery
                          6g eclipse- yellow shrimp, chili rasboras, yellow apple snails
                          29g- geo grow-out, angels, 12"fire eel, dwarf frog, apple snails
                          45g- jade sleeper gobies, native killifish, feeder endlers

75g-
                          2 oscars, parrot, silver dollars, albino channel cat, syno euptera, bichir, baby jaguar, convicts, yabby
                          125g- fahaka puffer, rainbow shark
                          and about a dozen bettas....

Comment

Typhon, Devourer of shrimps and eater of worlds.....
                            Last edited by mnemenoi; 03-08-2013, 12:12 PM.
                            In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
                            Desiderius Erasmus
                            GHAC President

Comment

His name is officially Huffy the Manslaying Baby Puffer.
                              He seems to be doing well in his tank among the carnivorous fish.
                              He will only eat the thawed out raw shrimp if some other fish has it in their mouth, basicly he will only eat stolen food. Or he would just go on a hunting spree if I throw in some ghost shrimps.
                              I don't know if he's stressed or not because he seems to breathe heavily during feeding time.

Comment

Working...
                              X