Clownfish breeding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clownfish breeding

I was alittle curious as to how do you know if the clownfish is pregnant and it's signs?

female will be bloated and theyll start cleaning the rocks the night before

Comment

Often the male has been forced to clean and prove he has a spot worthy of her eggs. If she has become bloated over the past few days she likely thinks the male will be capable of tending to the eggs - it is his job. Don't worry about trying to collect any of them as their first few clutches will be faulty. The male will have trouble fertilizing the eggs and the female will not likely lay a nice tight grouping. If she does lay the eggs and you make it past a week let us know. You will likely begin to see silver tips on the eggs near day 9, this will show that the male is fertile. Also, don't be surprised if the female lays eggs and the male or both eat them.

Comment

Well I am on batch #6 all batches have been large I just messed up on a couple of them and they did eat batch #3 & #4 and part of batch #5. Hope for success with this batch. Good luck johnsbra123 it is not as easy as I thought it would be. Make sure if you are going to attempt raising them that you get your Rotifer culture going quickly and all your supplies needed for them.

Comment

Working...
        X