Another Fahaka thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Fahaka thread!

Hey all, I'd like to introduce Flocka the fahaka!

He is about 8" total length. I have him in my oceanic 210g, filtered by an eheim pro 3 2080, as well as 2 aquaclear hob filters. I'm using 4 led clamp on lights from ikea that seem to do a very good job.

Anyways.... Can't wait for him to grow even bigger!!!

Re: Another Fahaka thread!

Nice fahaka, they are great fish. Good sized one too, do you know how old it is? Got a fts?
    20g mixed reef

Comment

Not quite sure on age, though I'm going to do some digging.

Only fts I have, I'm leaving him alone for now while he gets used to the 7 times larger area he has now than before.

I also have a ten gallon in the stand housing snails and crayfish. Planning to breed in order to offset some costs.

Comment

Well he's got a big enough home that's for sure. Ramshorn hatchery is a great idea. Best of luck...
        20g mixed reef

Comment

Impressive! I like those spotlights. Care to share which LED clip on light it is?

Comment

Originally posted by nightster View Post
            Well he's got a big enough home that's for sure. Ramshorn hatchery is a great idea. Best of luck...
            +1 or pond snail hatchery. Both reproduce fast and are easy feeding. MTS on the other hand may be too hard.

Comment

Thanks. Feels like I'm wasting a big tank with just one fish, but at the same time he's pretty badass so its worth it. I know someone that had successfully kept fire eels for a couple years with no issues, may try that.

Comment

Trust me I know that feeling all to well. I look for when PETCO has there tetra sales. $1 per fish is great. Buy like 30 tetras and drop them in there, keeps them occupied for awhile lol. Or try giant danios, my fahaka can't catch them so you can keep something in there besides it. Just be careful BC the giant danios will jump out. Just make sure to over filter the crap out of that tank and keep up with water changes. Should definitely get bigger, mine is pushing 9" but its growth rate has slowed tremendously since it passed the 1yr mark.
                20g mixed reef

Comment

I'll get the model number on the lights for you. I actually would have preferred wall mounts for this tank. I may end up getting some and putting these clip on lights on my rimless 100g

Comment

Yea I have the 2080, which is designed for a tank much larger than this, on full blast. As well as the two hob filters.

Comment

Very Nice Fahaka.
                      Nothing Kills Evil Like a Sharp Stick...

Comment

Lmao

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisXB View Post
                          Lmao

I love when they do this.
                          Awesome fish makes me miss my old one.
                          FRENCH FRY!!!

55g - Vieja Synspilum 'Biotope'

Comment

Yea I looked away briefly and went back to that. Hoping his coloration returns within the next day or so. Still a little pale.

Comment

Puffers are extremely moody, even after water changes mine still changes colors and acts pissy...
                              20g mixed reef

Comment

Working...
                              X