Massive fish kill!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Massive fish kill!

I must have the worst luck with saltwater... Woke up this morning to feed my fish and they were all dead... Two yellow tail damsels, one lawn mower blenny, two clowns and one 6 line wrasse. My hermit crab and hawiian fan are fine though. My fish were good yesterday, nothing out if the ordinary...

Any water change, temp, how old is this system set up
    125 gal-P. Kachase,simochromis, vampire pleco,bn pleco,bulldog pleco

55 gal- Ilangis ,clown pleco,abn pleco,rubber lip pleco

55 gal-Canary cheek,Ikola,duboisi, and fry

10 gal -fry tank,snails

Comment

Massive fish kill!

Temp is a constant 78 degrees, do 50% water change every two weeks. I did however add the 6 line on Monday, got him from fish gallery. But I did acclimate him before he went in.... Kept him in his bag in the tank and added tank water a little at a time to his bag like I do with all my fish... First time I ever had a total kill off...

Comment

Massive fish kill!

Tanks been running since June I think

Comment

Sorry to hear, it always sux to lose fish
          Don't tell fish stories where people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish.
          Mark Twain

Comment

Massive fish kill!

Guess ill change the water a couple if times this week and next week, let it cycle and then start with some more fish . Cool thing I noticed this morning, I found an itty bitty star fish in there :)

Comment

Sorry about the loss... +1 on the Sux...
              Nothing Kills Evil Like a Sharp Stick...

Comment

You do know never to add anyone else's water to your tank right
                Even a reputable LFS could have some pathogens in their water

Comment

Dang Crusher, that sucks donkey bawlz. Sorry, man. :( Hope you find out what happened and get it knocked out.
                  180g - 2 Red Oscars, 1 Tiger Oscar, 1 JD, Convicts, convicts & more convicts
                  75g - 1 Silver Aro, 1 Mean Koi Angel
                  50g - Various platy & mollies
                  10g - 1 Green Spotted Puffer

Comment

yep, i know, i always net them out and then into the tank they go. dump the bag water down the sink
                    Originally posted by beaver-man View Post
                    You do know never to add anyone else's water to your tank right
                    Even a reputable LFS could have some pathogens in their water

Comment

yep it does suck... bad! I have a small Eheim on it so i'll put the carbon filter on it for a week plus do my water changes. then start over again
                      Originally posted by ScorpiosWife View Post
                      Dang Crusher, that sucks donkey bawlz. Sorry, man. :( Hope you find out what happened and get it knocked out.

Comment

Ever quarantine your fish?

Comment

Massive fish kill!

No, I don't have an extra tank to quarantine them in

Comment

I don't think this is your problem, but a 50% water change every 2 weeks is IMHO too much. YOu would be better off doing 25% every week or 2 weeks. Even that is alot of water to change out.
                            748 gallon Reef Lit by 22 AI's

Comment

I agree 50% is way to much. I only do about 20%. When you get a chance get a small tank 10 or 20 gallon when they go on sale at Petco $1.00 a gallon sale and quarantine your fish for at least 3 weeks.

Comment

Working...
                              X