Mbu clean up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mbu clean up

I know Mbu require alot of filtration and oxygen, but I am curious what kind of clean up is required given their dietary needs? When you feed crawfish and things like that is there usually a lot of clean up and mess in the tank that has to be pulled out? Does it make the water look cloudy?

Our Fahaka is super messy and seems to shred things during feeding. We try and net out the bigger stuff and allow that canisters (2 ehiems) catch anything else. Water changes are 1-2 times a week at 75%. They are messy little piglets and enjoy sitting on their bowel movements like dragons...

Not sure if it is applicable to a Mbu, but given their similarity I imagine it is the case.
    In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
    Desiderius Erasmus
    GHAC President

Comment

Re: Mbu clean up

It is the same with mbu. They leave huge chunks of crawfish in the tank and leftover shells from snails. Very messy eaters.

Sent from my spaceship using Tapatalk 2.

Comment

Re: Mbu clean up

After a few feedings the tank will be cloudy unless you have strong filtration.

Sent from my spaceship using Tapatalk 2.

Comment

I think all puffer are pretty messy eaters but they also like flow. So lots of filtration is a good thing but we still do 50% every 4 days.
          Our puffer are not mbu.s
          Nothing Kills Evil Like a Sharp Stick...

Comment

I agree with Troy. All the larger puffer I've seen are messy eaters. What you can do to make clean up easy for you is PFS as substrate so everything sits on top of the sand. Have a strong filtration setup along with a good amount of flow so the smaller food chunks will get sucked in the filter and clean water is a must for any fish set up

Comment

Working...
            X