is this an emergency?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is this an emergency?

I was cleaning the glass of my bowfront and the algae was bad. I cleaned it up and it looked nice but the I see what looks like cracks. I found about 3 things that looked like cracks, they are all near the base of the tank. I don't remember scratching the glass but I did get mad at a fish and moved all the rocks to catch him. I will post pictures tomorrow. Do bowfront crack easy? Or is it just a scratch.

never had a bowfront to crack myself, but i suppose its possible. if its not leaking it may be just scratches, see if you can feel the crack with a fingernail on the outside of the tank.

Comment

Post pics of the cracks
      Don't tell fish stories where people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish.
      Mark Twain

Comment

Is this the 26g bowfront you have? They use thin glass for smaller bowfronts and it could be possible that the rocks cracked the glass. Larger bowfronts usually have tempered glass for the bottom. How big and heavy are the rocks? How thick is your substrate layer?

Comment

Substrate is 2", rocks are all 4 pounds. I think it's just scratchs. I did the finger nail thing and didn't feel anything!

Comment

Is it glass or acrylic... Could be stress fractures

Comment

It's glass

Comment

Re: is this an emergency?

It should be fine if you didn't feel anything. 4lb rocks on 2" substrate shouldn't cause much damage unless you dropped a rock on a spot with no substrate.

Sent from my spaceship using Tapatalk 2.

Comment

Its not on the bottom but the bow front!

Comment

Oh. Well same thing. If you don't feel anything then there shouldn't be much of a problem. It's just a scratch. Usually if I need to move rocks to catch a fish, I just remove the rocks completely and drain the water. That way the fish can harm itself, and I don't damage my tank.

Comment

Working...
                    X