No announcement yet.

I decided to visit Houston Aquatics...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I decided to visit Houston Aquatics...

First I woud like to say this place of recomended by a worker at Petsmart, so I decided to check it out.

I walk in and take off my moto gear, I place it on the freezer and walk by a row of tanks, I turn back and all of a sudden I get SMACKED!

Im Thinking HOLY ****! Whiskey Tango Foxtrot just happened?!?

I stand there in semi shock looking down at the ground at a 6-7 inch Arrowana flopping around, it jumped out of the top tank and smacked me across my face and landed on the ground. I asked the worker if they had cameras because its not everyday that a Arrowana jumps out of a tank and hits somebody right in the face; we get a good laugh and I continue looking around..

Well to say the least the prices are great...They have a good quantity and selection of fish, some plants, and dirty tanks.

I did buy some guppies just to add some color in my tank.

Nice people, good prices and good selection... Just work a bit on cleaning and im sure this place can be good.
    A wife, two kids and two cats.

I love that place, but I agree it is always in disarray. On the other hand, their prices account for the difference between them and other higher end stores. John (the owner) really knows his stuff and is really cool once you get to know him.
    In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
    Desiderius Erasmus
    GHAC President

Comment

Where this store at

Comment

Re: I decided to visit Houston Aquatics...

Shepherd near 11th Street.
        Scarecrow : I haven't got a brain... only straw.
        Dorothy : How can you talk if you haven't got a brain?
        Scarecrow: I don't know... But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking... don't they?
        Dorothy: Yes, I guess you're right.

Comment

Re: I decided to visit Houston Aquatics...

Very great store! It's like walking into a wormhole into the past lol

Sent from my spaceship using Tapatalk 2.

Comment

Alot of great things come from small places. Been knowing John for years way back when he had the other location on Long Point. If its not in the store, just ask im sure he can get it.

Comment

This is where I got my Angelicus Syno. for only 25 bucks! Awesome prices and he has some cool plecos too. Very cheap plants as well!
              65G African Tank (1 Ropefish, 1 Senegal Bichir, 3 Spotted Climbing Pearch, 2 Black Calvus "Zebra", 1 Featherfin Cat, African Knife, 2 Upside down Cats and an African Butterfly Fish.

30G "The Mudhole" 3 African Mudskippers (Periophthalmus barbarus)

20G 4 Longfin Zebra Danio, 2 Julii Cory, 2 Bolivian Ram, 1 Stripped Raphael and 3 Glass Cats.

Comment

Working...
              X