Push notifications

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Push notifications

Traci, noticed I'm not receiving push notifications anymore on my iPhone from Tapatalk. It says to contact the forum admin to receive the notifications. Any ideas if something has been changed recently?
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

It could be Tapatalk? The app doesn't allow me to get on DIYfishkeepers and says to contact forum administrator. I still get notifications through Tapatalk for HFB on my HTC and iTouch.

Comment

Push notifications

Hmm maybe something for the iPhones then.
      ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

I checked the settings and push notifications is enabled. I wasn't using an optional key that validates the notifications from the server. I went ahead and put the key in, just in case iphones have some kind of need for validation. It's just a guess, I haven't heard of this problem before, so let me know if it changes anything.
        Our Fishhouse
        Sleep: A completely inadequate substitute for caffeine.

Comment

Push notifications

I'll let you know but I still haven't seen any yet.
          ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

Push notifications

What version tapa do you have?

I have 1.14.2 the latest I believe.

Go into

settings/advanced/notifcations

and you can turn the notifications "ON" from there.

What are you trying to receive?

Comment

Is anyone else using an iphone and receiving push notifications? I don't have an iphone, so this is impossible for me to test.
              Our Fishhouse

Comment

I have an iTouch that has Tapatalk on it. It should be the same as the iPhone since both run iOS and aren't really much different. What do you need to know?

Comment

Originally posted by mistahoo View Post
                  I have an iTouch that has Tapatalk on it. It should be the same as the iPhone since both run iOS and aren't really much different. What do you need to know?
                  Are you able to receive push notifications? I didn't even think about using an iTouch!! I think we have one of those around here...guygeek might be using it.
                  Our Fishhouse

Comment

I'm still able to receive push notifications.

Comment

Push notifications

I'm still not receiving anything. Everything on my phone is the latest and greatest. Honestly Traci I believe I stopped receiving them after the high jacking.
                      ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

Originally posted by barrettsline View Post
                        I'm still not receiving anything. Everything on my phone is the latest and greatest. Honestly Traci I believe I stopped receiving them after the high jacking.
                        That would be weird because they are 2 different systems. I'm pretty sure the push notifications on tapatalk go through tapatalk's system. I'll double check, but I'm 99% sure that's the way it works. All I do on my side is allow tapatalk to send them. I'm charging the iTouch to see if I can repro this problem.
                        Our Fishhouse

Comment

Push notifications

Traci not sure if you did anything but I deleted the app and re installed it this morning. It seems to be working again.
                          ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

Nope. I didn't. I tried to install tapatalk to our iTouch, but it's a 2nd generation so I couldn't install the required version of the OS in order to install Tapatalk. I thought I was going to be able to test our stuff using it, but no.

Glad it's working for you now.
                            Our Fishhouse

Comment

Working...
                            X