Clownfish extinction?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clownfish extinction?

The Center for Biological Diversity filed a formal petition today with the National Marine Fisheries Service seeking Endangered Species Act protection for the orange clownfish - star of the movie Finding Nemo - and seven similarly coral-dependent damselfish threatened by climate change, ocean acidification and the marine aquarium trade. "We risk losing the striking fish that inspired Finding Nemo forever if we don't put the brakes on global warming and ocean acidification," said Shaye Wolf, director of the Center for Biological Diversity. ...

I read this article and read some of the studies he cited I am not quite sure if the author read the studies. He made some reckless assumptions based on conjecture rather than facts. Even the studies he cited were more non-conclusive than his article. The sky "is" falling but everyone is oblivious because they are hearing it from a talking chicken.
    My fish has no eye, he is called "fsh"

Comment

Kind of like that one person saying MBUs need a 1000g+ tank in order to survive and be happy just because their MBU died in a smaller tank... It's fascinating what people will believe!

Comment

Originally posted by mistahoo View Post
        Kind of like that one person saying MBUs need a 1000g+ tank in order to survive and be happy just because their MBU died in a smaller tank... It's fascinating what people will believe!
        hahahaha +1 thats them people on mfk
        dont bro me if you dont know me!!!!!

Comment

mbu?

Comment

MBU puffer fish.

Comment

mfk?

Comment

Monster Fish Keepers a similar forum on an international scale.

Comment

Working...
                X