Fotas 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fotas 2013

The Houston Aquarium Society will host the 2013 FOTAS convention. Now is a good time to talk about who you would like to see talk at the convention, so our friend at HAS will have an idear who to invite. Since I like livebearers in planted tanks, I would like to sugest Ronda Wilson.

so its going to be in houston?
    dont bro me if you dont know me!!!!!

Comment

If you like live bearers, you should get Bill Allen. He does the ALA conventions and does presentations for SELAS. He is also in Shreveport. His presentation is excellent if you are in to live bearers.

Personally, I would love a pleco person.

What I would really prefer; however, is that FOTAS should take place in the spring so that it does not compete with football season.

Comment

Originally posted by barberking12 View Post
        so its going to be in houston?
        Yes it is.
        Also in 2014 the North American Discus Assoc. will have there convention in Austin

Comment

They were talking about having FOTAS in July. We will see. I like Aqutic plants, Livebearers and Killiefish. I would rely like to see a Aquarium APlant person.

Comment

Takashi Amano.
            Chris Lukhaup.
            Rachel O’Leary
            Scarecrow : I haven't got a brain... only straw.
            Dorothy : How can you talk if you haven't got a brain?
            Scarecrow: I don't know... But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking... don't they?
            Dorothy: Yes, I guess you're right.

Comment

Re: Fotas 2013

Originally posted by armthehomeless View Post
              Takashi Amano.
              I think I just saw Totenkampf sneak off to the back room for some alone time
              http://www.facebook.com/DAScolorado

Comment

Originally posted by Doug A View Post
                They were talking about having FOTAS in July. We will see. I like Aqutic plants, Livebearers and Killiefish. I would rely like to see a Aquarium APlant person.

July would be great. No football to compete with.

Comment

Any updates?

Comment

Originally posted by clayt101 View Post
                    Any updates?
                    No updates yet. I am asking around.

Comment

Back in the ’90 when I was editor for the Houston Aquarium Society, I had a page call “The Fish Calendar” and it was the only place I could find all the fishy event in one place. Last year I did the Fish Calendar for my own convenience, but I also posted in a few place including the Houston Fish Box and the Planted tank. I know that my post in the Planted tank generated interest in the FOTAS convention.

Now I am asking my Aquarium Club friends to help put together a Fish Calendar for the New Year. Just replay to this email with any events you think should be on the Fish Calendar.

Comment

The last I heard, FOTAS should be in Sept.
                        I think the TAKO show will be in July. I will post a new calendar when I get the dates.

Comment

I hope that they do July for FOTAS, if not, you can cut attendance in half because of football....

Comment

I would love to hear from phillip shadock his website guppydesigner.com
                            its a wealth of knowledge in guppy genetics.

Comment

Will there be a show as well as speakers and (I assume) an auction?
                              Guppies:
                              Hi-fin pepper Cory's, Black Cory's, Long Fin Golden Aneus, Swordtails, some lyretail(RREA's, Red, Albino Koi, Red & Gold Tux), Different types of BN plecos(albino, calico, long fin, blue eyed short & long fin)
                              Mystery Snails, Yellow Shrimp, CPDs

HAS Master Aquatic Gardener awarded 1997
                              HAS Master Fish Breeder awarded 1998

Comment

Working...
                              X