Live rock turning white

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Live rock turning white

So these past couple weeks, my live rock has been turning white as if the Coralline algae is dying. At first I was thinking it's maybe low calcium/magnesium since it's been 3 weeks since my last water change and the sps corals used up what was in the tank. Also, my skimmer has nothing to skim. My corals are looking great, fish happy... no algae on my rocks anymore (just have to scrape my glass every couple days.) Now, what's making me think it's not low nutrients is that my sump is almost a solid purple, so the coralline is definitely growing down in there.

Think my live rock is just adjusting to my light? I changed bulbs, and adjusted lighting schedule since my lights were at a minimum the last few months because of algae issues. I don't have calcium/magnesium test kits yet, but it's probably something I should be picking up soon... Any thoughts?

I am curious to the amount of light you have in your display tank.
    My fish has no eye, he is called "fsh"

Comment

Lets see, my light schedule is:
      Lunar LEDs - 9am-midnight
      Actinics - 10am-10pm (4x 39w bulbs)
      Daylights/actinics - Noon - 4pm (6x 39w)

Been talking to miggy, I'm going to start dosing Kalkwasser in my ATO and so more regular/small waterchanges

Comment

new lights means the coralline has to adjust/acclimate to your new bulbs

no worries, should come back after a while

Comment

+1
          Originally posted by beaver-man View Post
          new lights means the coralline has to adjust/acclimate to your new bulbs

no worries, should come back after a while
          My fish has no eye, he is called "fsh"

Comment

Working...
          X