Vietnam Import Trip December-January

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vietnam Import Trip December-January

When I went to Vietnam over the summer, I found really good and efficient lighting equipment for cheap prices and during that trip, a lot of people asked me to buy them some of the spotlight LEDs and other things. I did not have enough money to buy for everyone at the time. I will be going back this winter to get my hands on those LEDs and whatever I can find.

Like the title said, I will be there during December and January.

Just posting this months in advance for people to see and ask.
    The Spotlight LED I'm currently using is strong enough to support my 30g hex tank. The size of it is 6"x 4". With 2 of them, I could probably support a 65g reef tank with that kind of intensity. If anyone wants to see what it looks like, I'd be willing to give an example of it at the next possible HAAPS meeting or next month's fish auction near Ellington Field. Will most likely post a video though.

I won't be bringing back Nano tanks anymore since I no longer trust airlines with glass.

I will be keeping in contact with Ca Nguyen, since he is currently over there for the next century or so, and I'll probably be going to ADA Vietnam if I get a chance.

Starting Price for the LED I got is 40$ but there are other sizes too, some smaller and some larger I'll update more on my finds once I'm there.
    Last edited by Jozle; 09-20-2012, 09:18 PM.
    Will trade Fish Stuff for Camera Lens and Anime Figures.

I'd be interested in joining. I need something for a 4fter and a 6 fter.
    210gPetrochromis Macrognatus Green 'Nsumbu
    125g Mdoka White Lip

"Success is the willingness to fail"

Comment

I'd be interested for sure

Comment

Not an importer so i dont know the laws but I would be careful in posting things about it. US has pretty strict guidelines on declaring items brought into this country and paying a fee to bring in over a certain amount. Especially from a country like Vietnam which we dont have full trade status with because of the communist govt. If you fail to claim it on the declaration sheet then I believe its a felony. You might want to check into this before you do anything.
        Resident fish bum
        330G FOWLR
        34G Reef
        330G Discus biotopish (no longer running)
        28G JBJ Reef (no longer running)
        Treasurer, GHAC

Comment

Re: Vietnam Import Trip December-January

Originally posted by Darbex View Post
          Not an importer so i dont know the laws but I would be careful in posting things about it. US has pretty strict guidelines on declaring items brought into this country and paying a fee to bring in over a certain amount. Especially from a country like Vietnam which we dont have full trade status with because of the communist govt. If you fail to claim it on the declaration sheet then I believe its a felony. You might want to check into this before you do anything.

+1.
          30Long: L134 Leopard Frog Plecos X16, Corydoras Sterbai X9, Endlers X4

Small ADA nano (~8gal): ... BKK or OEBT breeding tank in the works!

75g Craigslist Special: In the works...

Comment

I just checked its $800 is the limit after that the US will charge a duty at a set rate for every $1,000 over the $800. And I am sure that they will round up not down.

http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/travel/vacation/sample_declaration_form.xml
            Resident fish bum
            330G FOWLR
            34G Reef
            Treasurer, GHAC

Comment

Probably should be working but I found this as well. It appears that it isnt a felony but if you fail to declare they will charge you a fine of $250 or the value of the item whichever is less plus the duty you owe. For every time you come in and fail to declare the fine will go up, up to a max of 8x the value of the item that you didnt declare.

Resident fish bum
              330G FOWLR
              34G Reef
              Treasurer, GHAC

Comment

I know about customs declaration. I really doubt I will be able to bring more than 15-20 of them back. I've seen people bring back some crazy things when I was waiting in LA-X and to be honest, I'm really not worried about customs declaration after what I've seen.

Comment

ive travel alot and if you bring back something that the customs official doesnt like and you bring large quantities of it. Simply put you wont be able to take it with you and confiscated no matter if you pay or not. Ive seen it done when i was in cuba coming back to the states.
                  175 tropheus Chaitika
                  125 tropheus Ujiji
                  90 tropheus Nkonde

Comment

Yeah.....Cuba.

Comment

Vietnam is still a communist govt and without having set trading policies with the us it will be hard to bring large quantities of commercial goods. If u can do it I'm in for an led just saying that customs official are tough
                      175 tropheus Chaitika
                      125 tropheus Ujiji
                      90 tropheus Nkonde

Comment

How many watts was that LED floodlight?
                        http://www.facebook.com/DAScolorado

Comment

24w

Comment

For 24W, it didn't have much of light output, might be an illusion caused by the 120 degree beam angle on it. I think it's in the range of 3,000K when it comes to color temp, after doing some research on the P/N off that flood light.

For me personally, I'd like to see something with 45 - 60 degree beam angle and in the 8,000K - 10,000K range when it comes to color temperature.
                            http://www.facebook.com/DAScolorado

Comment

Hmm. Well, I will look for others when I get there. There's a whole district for lighting and building in the town I'm staying. If not, I will travel down to Saigon/ Ho Chi Minh city and meet aquarium hobbiest there. I'll see if I can find them in that specification or just get some ordered to build.

Comment

Working...
                              X