Expected prices for Dart Frogs.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Expected prices for Dart Frogs.

I have recently really gotten into PDF's. What prices are you looking at paying per frog? I know a lot has to do with species, so what are some easier starter frogs out there and their usual price ranges? Thanks so much!
    65G African Tank (1 Ropefish, 1 Senegal Bichir, 3 Spotted Climbing Pearch, 2 Black Calvus "Zebra", 1 Featherfin Cat, African Knife, 2 Upside down Cats and an African Butterfly Fish.

30G "The Mudhole" 3 African Mudskippers (Periophthalmus barbarus)

20G 4 Longfin Zebra Danio, 2 Julii Cory, 2 Bolivian Ram, 1 Stripped Raphael and 3 Glass Cats.

Originally posted by brandon_rss18 View Post
    I have recently really gotten into PDF's. What prices are you looking at paying per frog? I know a lot has to do with species, so what are some easier starter frogs out there and their usual price ranges? Thanks so much!
    Look at Dendro Board. You'll get a better idea on pricing. It's where all the dart frog fanatics look for stuff. You can get some deals.
    A forum community dedicated to dart frog owners and enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about breeding, health, behavior, housing, terrariums, adopting, care, classifieds, and more!
    Emerald Green Rainbowfish
    Yellow Rabbit Snails

Comment

Thanks that is a cool site! Thanks for the info.
      65G African Tank (1 Ropefish, 1 Senegal Bichir, 3 Spotted Climbing Pearch, 2 Black Calvus "Zebra", 1 Featherfin Cat, African Knife, 2 Upside down Cats and an African Butterfly Fish.

20G 4 Longfin Zebra Danio, 2 Julii Cory, 2 Bolivian Ram, 1 Stripped Raphael and 3 Glass Cats.

Comment

glad to help. I had a friend who bred them and raised them for 12-15 years. dart frogs if cared for properly can live 15 years or more
        Emerald Green Rainbowfish
        Yellow Rabbit Snails

Comment

Local sellers are far less expensive. There are a few, but you'll really need the viv set up. If you are interested in working with them I would recommend hitting up one of our Frogger group meetings and looking over the requirements and investments. Once you have everything in order and set up I am sure you could find some locally and we would be happy to help locate some for you. Most range from $40 for more common species/morphs to $500 for rarer morphs and species. Froglets are cheaper then adults and you'll certainly want a few (trio or more depending on the size of the vivarium) as locating more later can be difficult and like fish you want to stick with one morph/lineage in a tank. We will likely be having another frogger group meet up in October and that is one of the real purposes behind the group.
          In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
          Desiderius Erasmus
          GHAC President

Comment

I am really going to try to make that meeting depending on my work schedule. Thanks for the info!

Comment

No sweat, I would certainly recommend setting up the viv far before acquiring the inhabitants. They take quite a few days for a proper viv buildout with all the needed supplies. Having a good handle on fuit fly cultures and husbandry would go along way in helping as well. Once the viv is all set up allowing your springtails/isopods to fully establish before frog introduction can be a lifesaver as well. They can be a bit less work then an aquarium, but its really just different things to pay attention to. We know a few breeders and collectors in Houston that sell stock and avoiding the $50-$100 in shipping can really help in their initial cost.
              In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
              Desiderius Erasmus
              GHAC President

Comment

andry from dedroboard / houston froggers just sent an email about chocolate leuc hybrids for 35/1 or 30/3 or more. did you join the yahoo group?
                75G Standard - High Light Planted Community Fish
                28G Aquapod - Medium Light Planted Shrimp & Microrasboras
                12G Eclipse - Bonsai Planted Betta & Shrimp
                29G Standard - Vivarium w/ Red Devil Crabs
                45G Exo-Terra - Terrarium w/ Hermit Crabs (in progress)
                33G Cubish - Vivarium w/ D.auratus 'blue & bronze'

GHAC Member

Comment

poof, she must have heard me:

http://www.houstonfishbox.com/vforum...ro-and-Auratus)

i have seen her stock and they look great, very nice to deal with too!
                  75G Standard - High Light Planted Community Fish
                  28G Aquapod - Medium Light Planted Shrimp & Microrasboras
                  12G Eclipse - Bonsai Planted Betta & Shrimp
                  29G Standard - Vivarium w/ Red Devil Crabs
                  45G Exo-Terra - Terrarium w/ Hermit Crabs (in progress)
                  33G Cubish - Vivarium w/ D.auratus 'blue & bronze'

GHAC Member

Comment

Haha, Thanks Jeff, I hadn't seen your post, but suddenly remembered the fish box this morning and posted my ad in here.

Brandon, a lot of people suggest starting with Tincs or Leucomela. I agree with them as they are easier to work with, a lot of fun to watch and easier to care for/hardier. I started with Leucs myself and don't regret it. They are also less in price than other frogs. I have seen froglets go as cheap as $20-$25 each for some tincs mostly when buying several of them at one time. The going rate is closer to $30-$35. Pet shops will sell them for $50-$100 each. Way more expensive.

Let me know if I can help getting you started. You can come by and take a look at my tank setups if you like. Dendroboard is the best place to get you started though. You will find all your answers there.

Comment

Working...
                    X