Lighting suggestions for 75 gal reef

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lighting suggestions for 75 gal reef

Hey everyone, looking for a little advice on some reef lighting. I currently have a 75 gallon tank that has been set up for 8 months with only a few fish. My livestock includes:
    YS Maroon Clown
    2 Bangaii Cardinals (recently adopted)
    1 longspine seaurchin
    1 tiger pistol shrimp
    1 yellow watchman goby
    I am looking to increase my livestock significantly, all reef safe of course, as well as get into coral. I want to do mostly LPS, shrooms, zoo's, maybe a clam. I would also like to do some SPS in the upper portions of my tank, but if thats not possible I won't be heartbroken. I do want to keep a BTA as well for my clown since symbiosis is a major focus of my tank.
    My tanks dimmension are:
    48" long * 21" tall * 18" wide
    Any advice would be great, thanks!

And price is somewhat considered but I would like to spend a little money on a nice setup. I have been leaning towards MH, most of the LED setups are out of my price range. I am also really good with DIY projects so that's something I would definitely consider.

Comment

2 Mh pendants will work or just get a 6-8 bulb T5 tek light. If you do go T5 make sure they have good quality individual reflectors

Comment

Lighting suggestions for 75 gal reef

I have a 6 bulb t5ho setup and it's more than plenty of light on my 75

Comment

I have a 4 bulb wave point on mine but I'd like a 6 bulb tek light myself

Comment

I have an 48" maristar hqi 2x250 w + 2x54w t5 for sale. Pm if you are interested.

Comment

I saw that you were interested in one of my frag packs. I keep reefs with mostly halides. If you make it out here you can check out my setups. I have a 65 gallon with 150watt halides x 2. Keep a mix of lps , soft and sps. And I have a 100 gallon with lps and sps with 2 x 250 watt halides. Price considering, you should be able to use 150 watt halides and still be able to keep anything.

Comment

All about placement.
                Resident fish bum
                330G FOWLR
                34G Reef
                330G Discus biotopish (no longer running)
                28G JBJ Reef (no longer running)
                Treasurer, GHAC

Comment

Working...
                X