29 Gallon Fancy Goldfish Tank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 29 Gallon Fancy Goldfish Tank

So, of all the cool things that I thought I might do with my free 29 gallon, I ended up stocking it with 3 fancy goldfish!

I really like the new scape in there though. And the fish are really pretty cute. It's got some java fern, crypt spiralis and anubias nana in there now. I will probably add a few more plants, but not too much. I am want to keep the scape pretty simple. Here's a quick pic...(yes, I name my fish)

Those who don't study history are doomed to repeat it. Yet, those who do study history are doomed to stand by helplessly while everyone else repeats it.

Looks nice!
    I went off the deep end

Comment

Nice! I love the crypt spiralis, still haven't had much luck with it in the ebi though.
      Love the lighting, too- looks pretty sweet. What are you running?
      "I think that God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability." -Oscar Wilde

Comment

That is actually a Marineland Double Bright LED. I hate that the moonlight and the daylights are on the same switch. I put a separate moonlight on the tank so I can use my timer. Normally, the spotlight effect of the marineland LEDs bothers me, but I actually like the way it looks in this tank. Not a lot of light, but hopefully it will be decent enough for these plants. If it they start to fail, then I'll pick up a T5NO for it.

Yesterday I added crypt pontederfolia, anubias coffeefolia and anubias frazeri. I took out the anubias nana. I think I am going to put it in my spec instead. The new plants look pretty shabby right now. Thanks to the good ole USPS they spent about a week too long in a box. I think they are going to perk back up though. I'll take some new pictures once they do.
        Those who don't study history are doomed to repeat it. Yet, those who do study history are doomed to stand by helplessly while everyone else repeats it.

Comment

If your plants aren't growing with that led setup then you should try the aqueon modular LED that they sell at petsmart. I have on set up on my SA 29 tank and since I moved to it I've have huge growth in plants and algae. So much that I am having to get a pack of oto cats to control it.
          29 Gallon SA Tank -- 5 Bleeding Heart Tetras, Mated Pair of Angels, 7 Green Corys, and a Rubberlip Pleco

30 Gallon Breeder -- 20+ neon tetras, 3 albino cories, 2 albino bristlenose plecos, female betta, 1 angel

5 Gallon Shrimp Nano - Sakura Red Shrimp, Boraras Brigittae, Oto Cats, Olive Nerites, and Pink Ramshorn

Comment

Well, I certainly don't want huge growth and algae. LOL. But I will keep that in mind. That is the light with the LED strip encased in a glass "bulb" (tube), right? From what I read on that, you have the option to run from 1 to 3 strips. How many are you running?

I really want to keep this a slow growth, low tech setup. I have plenty of demanding tanks . :) But, if this light isn't sufficient than I might check out the Aqueon with only one or two bulbs. Thanks.

Comment

I'm running 2 of the strips so 1 should be good for you.
              29 Gallon SA Tank -- 5 Bleeding Heart Tetras, Mated Pair of Angels, 7 Green Corys, and a Rubberlip Pleco

30 Gallon Breeder -- 20+ neon tetras, 3 albino cories, 2 albino bristlenose plecos, female betta, 1 angel

5 Gallon Shrimp Nano - Sakura Red Shrimp, Boraras Brigittae, Oto Cats, Olive Nerites, and Pink Ramshorn

Comment

Working...
              X