Excellent Support from Marineland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Excellent Support from Marineland

I just had an incredible support experience with Marineland, so I wanted to share.

The problem was that I had purchased 9 of their double bright LEDs a couple of years ago, and out of those, 5 had stopped working. The issue wasn't with the light strip, but with the power adapters. I finally emailed them about it to see if it was a known issue, and they responded quickly, didn't give me any hassles, and sent me 5 new adapters via UPS. The support person I emailed with was really nice, really helpful, didn't make me jump through a bunch of hoops....just acknowledged my issue, got my address, and sent me new adapters.

In my experience, this is rare. I was pleasantly surprised.
    Our Fishhouse
    Sleep: A completely inadequate substitute for caffeine.

awesome
    Mentally Challenged

My Flickr

Comment

Excellent Support from Marineland

Originally posted by sunkenmetal View Post
      awesome
      +1
      ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

Marineland is a -huge- company. It doesn't surprise me. Good to hear its just the power adapters and not the fixture itself

Comment

even huge companies feel the pinch from a down market, i work for the forth largest company in the world and even we have to get creative to cut costs. My company wont do this thru customer support though so i am glad to hear that ML shares that wisdom.
          75G Standard - High Light Planted Community Fish
          28G Aquapod - Medium Light Planted Shrimp & Microrasboras
          12G Eclipse - Bonsai Planted Betta & Shrimp
          29G Standard - Vivarium w/ Red Devil Crabs
          45G Exo-Terra - Terrarium w/ Hermit Crabs (in progress)
          33G Cubish - Vivarium w/ D.auratus 'blue & bronze'

GHAC Member

Comment

Hummm maybe I should tell my friend to contact them since he is having the same problem. The power adapter would have to be at a certain angle for the light to get power.

Comment

I had issues with there stealth heaters if I would have still had the bad heater I could have had it replaced or refunded with no problems good company for handling issues with very helpful

Comment

I had the same problems with that light... Called them and they set out a new adapter right away...

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew_B View Post
                  Marineland is a -huge- company. It doesn't surprise me. Good to hear its just the power adapters and not the fixture itself
                  Very surprising! Just because a company is huge doesn't mean they will do this. Most of the time I get tossed around from person to person when dealing with customer service from big companies. It's great that they dealt with the problem on the spot through customer service!

Comment

I've found out several companies do this for small parts, but a power supply is pretty good to get replaced with no questions. I had a part from an Aquaclear 110 replaced, Scotts fertilizer spreader parts replaced, a part to my pesticide sprayer replaced, and a few other small parts, all for free and after the warranty expired. Now I usually email or call their customer service asking about buying replacement parts, and usually the places just send me the part I need for free. It reflects really well on the company by them doing this. Word of mouth is good advertising, and keeping a customer is cheaper than obtaining a new one.

Comment

Working...
                    X