need help brain coral problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need help brain coral problems

I am having problems with my brain coral. when I first bought it about a month ago it was doing just fine and now it looks like it's going to die water parameters are fine also moved it to new spot in tank still no luck
    Attached Files

feed it

Comment

Your brain coral is starving. You need to spot feed it a few times a week. Get some frozen mysis shrimp. Thaw it in a cup of tank water. turn off pumps. Use a turkey baster and gently put some food in the central area. At his point it will not open up completey but the coral will move the food to the oral disk in the middle. It will slowly consume the food. It doesnt need much. Repeat every other day until the tissue has regenerated. Try soaking the food in selcon. This will add a concentration of nutrients to add in healing and growth. Keep us posted.
      My fish has no eye, he is called "fsh"

Comment

The amount of food in the water column should be enough. Brains really don't need to be fed if they get adequate light. At this point I say feed it because upping the light may be to late. Color looks faded which also leads me to say light too.
        Resident fish bum
        330G FOWLR
        34G Reef
        330G Discus biotopish (no longer running)
        28G JBJ Reef (no longer running)
        Treasurer, GHAC

Comment

What fish you have in there?
          Resident fish bum
          330G FOWLR
          34G Reef
          330G Discus biotopish (no longer running)
          28G JBJ Reef (no longer running)
          Treasurer, GHAC

Comment

They will also eat silversides.
            748 gallon Reef Lit by 22 AI's

Comment

Working...
            X