Cracked semi-rigid pond form

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cracked semi-rigid pond form

Help! my plastic pond has two cracks, both located in the shallow platform area of the pond. one is on the side, one on the floor of the platform. How can I patch these? Fish are in a large tub for now, plants not. Can I send the lily into dormancy so as not to lose it?

Cracked semi-rigid pond form

Easiest thing to to would be to place a liner in it. Other than that id say dry it and clean it, then silicone the cracks. There are other options such a stuff like jb weld and other expoxies, but many are not aquatic safe.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

Originally posted by barrettsline View Post
      Easiest thing to to would be to place a liner in it. Other than that id say dry it and clean it, then silicone the cracks. There are other options such a stuff like jb weld and other expoxies, but many are not aquatic safe.
      +1

Comment

Use fiber glass from th out side, and silicone from the inside. You can find fiberglass bondo stylefor easy application.
        75g Tank,
        2- Wild Scalare Angel 2-wild Angel snakeskin, 2-half blue half black Angels, 5-Guianacara Geayi, 4- Blue Rams(1m/3f), 1- L144, 1- Pleco unknown type 1-Blue Neon Goby
        2.5g Mini Monter - Shrimp Tank
        10-RCS, 1-Red Sakura 5-Malawa, 8-Boraras Brigittie, 1-Adonis Pleco, 1-Zebra Nerite, 1-Horned Nerite
        10g Tank
        Hospital 2-F. Endlers

2-29g Empty Tank, 20L Empty Tank , 125g Empty Tank[SIGPIC]sigpic

Comment

Sounds like its time for a bigger pond. But if you try to fix this one watch what you use. some expoxies will melt a hole where the crack was. the expoxy would need to be for plastic. A new liner is the best way to fix it but remove the old plastic it could put a hole in the new liner.
          Nothing Kills Evil Like a Sharp Stick...

Comment

Thx everyone. Looks like we are going to try silicon (fish safe) and relevel it. Troy, a larger pond would suit me fine, if this doesn't work out, may be digging a bigger hole and going with a flexible liner. This one is 220 gallons.

Comment

Working...
            X