Goby or not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goby or not?

I love the way mandarin gobies look. I read they are ok for beginners and i want one but what are your comments on them. It will be on a 29g so livestock is limited. A clown pair will be there for sure.
    75g Tank,
    2- Wild Scalare Angel 2-wild Angel snakeskin, 2-half blue half black Angels, 5-Guianacara Geayi, 4- Blue Rams(1m/3f), 1- L144, 1- Pleco unknown type 1-Blue Neon Goby
    2.5g Mini Monter - Shrimp Tank
    10-RCS, 1-Red Sakura 5-Malawa, 8-Boraras Brigittie, 1-Adonis Pleco, 1-Zebra Nerite, 1-Horned Nerite
    10g Tank
    Hospital 2-F. Endlers

2-29g Empty Tank, 20L Empty Tank , 125g Empty Tank[SIGPIC]sigpic

Mandarin gobies are nice....IMO get the tank raised from ORA or other breeder instead of the wild caught...the tank raised will be ready to eat pellets or frozen, but the price is kinda high...If you want to experiment with the wild ones be sure to have abundance supply of pods...so they won't die from starvation...LOL

Comment

i dont think a 29 is near big enough for one

Comment

Live aquaria says a 10g is ok for them. And what is ora?
        75g Tank,
        2- Wild Scalare Angel 2-wild Angel snakeskin, 2-half blue half black Angels, 5-Guianacara Geayi, 4- Blue Rams(1m/3f), 1- L144, 1- Pleco unknown type 1-Blue Neon Goby
        10-RCS, 1-Red Sakura 5-Malawa, 8-Boraras Brigittie, 1-Adonis Pleco, 1-Zebra Nerite, 1-Horned Nerite
        10g Tank
        Hospital 2-F. Endlers

Comment

Ocean Reefs and Aquarium, its the company that aqua cultured coral and captive breed clowns. They're the one who made the picasso clowns couple years ago.

Comment

Nice, thats for the info.
            75g Tank,
            10g Tank
            Hospital 2-F. Endlers

Comment

sounds like good advice above, i have asked after these myself and have been told that they key is getting them to eat...i would consider CB
              75G Standard - High Light Planted Community Fish
              28G Aquapod - Medium Light Planted Shrimp & Microrasboras
              12G Eclipse - Bonsai Planted Betta & Shrimp
              29G Standard - Vivarium w/ Red Devil Crabs
              45G Exo-Terra - Terrarium w/ Hermit Crabs (in progress)
              33G Cubish - Vivarium w/ D.auratus 'blue & bronze'

GHAC Member

Comment

They dont show prices, so they maybe out of my budget!
                75g Tank,
                10g Tank
                Hospital 2-F. Endlers

Comment

The tanks raised mandarin goby is kinda hard to find these days. The last time I saw it at City Pets was $60 for the spotted mandarin goby, so the green or red mandarin goby may be more expensive....

Comment

ORA doesnt sell to individuals you can only get them through authorized retailers that happen to have them in stock. On their site their should be a link to retailers. In the Houston area I can for sure say, CP, FG, and FJW carry them from time to time. Live Aquaria carries them as well. I agree 29G is to small for successfully keeping a WC mandarin with out a good pod feeding stock. I would get the ORA or similar one because they eat prepared food.
                    Resident fish bum
                    330G FOWLR
                    34G Reef
                    330G Discus biotopish (no longer running)
                    28G JBJ Reef (no longer running)
                    Treasurer, GHAC

Comment

so the ones liveaquaria sells are WC or Tank Breed? because they sale them between $9.99-29.99
                      75g Tank,
                      10g Tank
                      Hospital 2-F. Endlers

Comment

Goby or not?

Based on size I believe. Live aquaria, where you place an order is an office, they never see or touch the fish you buy. They are in contact with a wholesales dealer, who keep them up dated on stock. It will tell you where they ship from.
                        ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

oh, i didnt know. i tho i had seen a video that they had 2 SW facilities
                          75g Tank,
                          10g Tank
                          Hospital 2-F. Endlers

Comment

Goby or not?

Those are "there" wholesales dealer facilities, that do most of there business for live aquaria. About 80% of business. So I guess they can say there there's, but there just an office.
                            ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

well i jsut learn something new.
                              75g Tank,
                              10g Tank
                              Hospital 2-F. Endlers

Comment

Working...
                              X