update on 20l sw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• update on 20l sw

that equipment may i need , i have fresh water fish , but the wife wants 2 clowns , so i would like to know the easiest way to make it happen , i know the smaller the less room for mistakes, any info is appreciated
    Last edited by gc09; 09-08-2012, 09:06 AM.

i have powerheads,heaters, canister,

Comment

new to sw , whats the easiest way to set up a 20g long for two small clown fish ,

Easiest way?

Crushed coral substrate
      Dead corals
      Water
      Salt mix
      HOB filter

I did these kinds of setups for years back when I was really into salt water in the late 90's. Now a days, I couldn't tell you since there are so many different things you can do and different ways to do it. The above is what I was doing when I was keeping lion fish, eels, and at one point a nurse shark.
      ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

yeah i just want a simple set up just to keep the clowns alive , so hob filter better than a canister? and how long to let it cycle

Comment

pretty much everything you need. add rocks and crush corals for substrate. and some lighting

Comment

new to sw , whats the easiest way to set up a 20g long for two small clown fish ,

But I your wanting to keep clowns your going to have to provide them anemones and such for them to play and hide in I would think.
            ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

whats the reason of the crush coral and dead coral?
              75g Tank,
              2- Wild Scalare Angel 2-wild Angel snakeskin, 2-half blue half black Angels, 5-Guianacara Geayi, 4- Blue Rams(1m/3f), 1- L144, 1- Pleco unknown type 1-Blue Neon Goby
              2.5g Mini Monter - Shrimp Tank
              10-RCS, 1-Red Sakura 5-Malawa, 8-Boraras Brigittie, 1-Adonis Pleco, 1-Zebra Nerite, 1-Horned Nerite
              10g Tank
              Hospital 2-F. Endlers

2-29g Empty Tank, 20L Empty Tank , 125g Empty Tank[SIGPIC]sigpic

Comment

i have acintic and 10k lights but i need info from scratch ,

Comment

i have 40lbs of dry rocks and about 20lbs crush corals for sale if you need.

Comment

Originally posted by gc09 View Post
                    yeah i just want a simple set up just to keep the clowns alive , so hob filter better than a canister? and how long to let it cycle
                    No I would not say its better. I was just responding to the easiest. I you have a canister use it. But you will need something to break the protein layer up that will build on the surface of the water. A HOB can and will do this.
                    Last edited by barrettsline; 08-30-2012, 02:03 PM.
                    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

Originally posted by R_sustaita View Post
                      whats the reason of the crush coral and dead coral?
                      Substrate and decor. You can use sand as well but I would use pool filter sand. My basic setup is meant for only fish.
                      ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

oh ok i also have a wet dry but i think its too big for the 20g,

Comment

Size of the wetdry doesn't matter. You can get a small pump and small overflow box. It just depends on what you want to run.
                          ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

I say that and is does matter but just because it's bigger than it needs to be doesn't mean that you can't use it. Just have to tone it down some.
                            ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

yeah i have a control valve on it, how long to cycle , so i add the crushed coral , then the coral on top , whats the salinity suppose to be when i mix the water with the salt,

Comment

Working...
                              X