Tank Conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tank Conversion

I have a 35 gal hex tank. My wife says she wants to try saltwater. How do I convert the tank from freshwater to saltwater and what do I need to buy? Also could use fish reccomendations for this size tank.

Thanks

Get an overflow box and a sump... That's about all you need..

Comment

Depends on what you want to do reef tank or fish only. If reef you'll need to decide what corals you want to keep then get lighting to sustain them, rodi filter for water changes and top off, protein skimmer, sump/refugium, sand and live rock.
      Fish only you can probably do away with the rodi and lighting won't matter for fish

Comment

you will need salt mix, live rock, a type of filtration either hob or a sump, if you dont want a bare bottom then some sand. and then depending on what u want fish only or reef.
        75g Tank,
        2- Wild Scalare Angel 2-wild Angel snakeskin, 2-half blue half black Angels, 5-Guianacara Geayi, 4- Blue Rams(1m/3f), 1- L144, 1- Pleco unknown type 1-Blue Neon Goby
        2.5g Mini Monter - Shrimp Tank
        10-RCS, 1-Red Sakura 5-Malawa, 8-Boraras Brigittie, 1-Adonis Pleco, 1-Zebra Nerite, 1-Horned Nerite
        10g Tank
        Hospital 2-F. Endlers

2-29g Empty Tank, 20L Empty Tank , 125g Empty Tank[SIGPIC]sigpic

Comment

Working...
        X