GSP not eating regularly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GSP not eating regularly

A couple of weeks ago I made some changes to their 39g tank (removed substrate & increased salinity from 1.014 to 1.016 over the week). A couple of days later Jackson stopped eating, swimming & playing like he usually does. Nicole remains unchanged. Jackson is dark around his mouth and on the sides of his belly, so I know he's stressed. I dropped a snail right beside him and he ignored it. He's not eating normally. He's lying on the floor of the tank doing nothing most of the time. Sometimes he takes off swimming, goes exploring for a few minutes and then settles somewhere either in his cave or his castle. I've only seen him eat twice in the last 10 days.

Is he mad at me? Is he sad or depressed because I redecorated? Should I treat him for internal parasites? If so what should I use?

I went to city pets but the lady didn't know whether to treat as fresh or salt & I left empty-handed. I'm going to buy some clams for him today and see if something different perks him up.

Any advice or input is appreciated!
    180g - 2 Red Oscars, 1 Tiger Oscar, 1 JD, Convicts, convicts & more convicts
    75g - 1 Silver Aro, 1 Mean Koi Angel
    50g - Various platy & mollies
    10g - 1 Green Spotted Puffer

What is your water parameters? Any recent changes beyond upping the salinity that we should know? Filter swaps, temperature, ect? I imagine your bacteria should have adjusted, but it could be a small cycle and would be interested to see if you have any Ammonia, Nitrite, Nitrate. Is the heater still functioning correctly? Removing the substrate can cuase a cycle as it depletes necessary surface area for bacterial colonization. Hope that might help and good luck...
    In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
    Desiderius Erasmus
    GHAC President

Comment

GSP not eating regularly

They got 100% new water aside from what was left in the HOB and canister. I didn't change the filters. Parameters are stable. They are the only 2 in the tank. One is fine, swimming and eating like a pig, the other isn't.

Comment

GSP not eating regularly

Oops forgot to answer, lol. Heater is stable at 78.

Comment

Working...
        X