Stocking 26 gallon tank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stocking 26 gallon tank

This is my idea. 1 snow flake eel, 4 fire fish, 3 bicolor dotty back , 2 clown fish. Is this okay?
    Last edited by Johnsbra123; 08-10-2012, 11:53 PM.

Question: are you purposely not listening to people's advices? Because it's a waste of time to continue to tell you that the eel will eat all of those fish. It will eat anything that can fit in its mouth. And the tank is to small for it.
    Resident fish bum
    330G FOWLR
    34G Reef
    330G Discus biotopish (no longer running)
    28G JBJ Reef (no longer running)
    Treasurer, GHAC

Comment

Noted captain. No eel. I just really want an eel but I will let go.

Comment

So is the fish other than the eel okay? Can I add more?

Comment

For that size of tank....I'll say 3 small fishes is max... like clowns or fire fish....

Comment

OVERSTOCK OVERSTOCK! I would have 3 fish max maybe 4. You wanna make sure you have a great filter running and a protein skimmer. I would do 2 clowns and a goby. In my 55 I am scared to over stock in and I only have 3 blue green chromis and 2 clowns.
            10g Community Planted Aquarium
            10g-CRS Planted Aquarium
            55g Saltwater Aquarium-
            20gH-Angelfish Planted Aquarium
            20gL-Leopard Gecko

A 13 Year Old Teen Who Loves his animals!!
            YOUTUBE: Michael15551

Comment

In your other thread I listed all thr types you can go with. I had a 28G and had 2 clowns, 2 fire fish, 6 line, and a cleaner shrimp. But didn't add all at once.
              Resident fish bum
              330G FOWLR
              34G Reef
              330G Discus biotopish (no longer running)
              28G JBJ Reef (no longer running)
              Treasurer, GHAC

Comment

Thanks again everyone! I'm going to the store next week to build my tank and then I am going to stock it. I have cycled water that I am going to use by adding salt to it, to help speed up the cycling process!

Comment

Wait at least a month to cycle it. You wanna make sure it is cycled before you add any fish.
                  10g Community Planted Aquarium
                  10g-CRS Planted Aquarium
                  55g Saltwater Aquarium-
                  20gH-Angelfish Planted Aquarium
                  20gL-Leopard Gecko

A 13 Year Old Teen Who Loves his animals!!
                  YOUTUBE: Michael15551

Comment

Originally posted by Johnsbra123 View Post
                    Thanks again everyone! I'm going to the store next week to build my tank and then I am going to stock it. I have cycled water that I am going to use by adding salt to it, to help speed up the cycling process!
                    That is NOT how you cycle a tank.
                    It's not the water that is cycled. It's the bacterias population that you need to build up.

Comment

Hope he listens or he'll just learn the hard way

Comment

If you are still reading this post, I will share this.

Before you start killing hundreds of dollars in livestock, invest in $50-75 worth of good books and learn about what you are about to do. There is no way you will not be killing critters if you have not done your homework. There is no shortcut to this, so your next post might be "Which book do you suggest for me and my coming 26g fish, or fish/coral tank?"

I give this advice to all new aquarium enthusiast, especially if they are starting saltwater.

Good luck from here, but there is less luck involved if you have even a small reference library.
                        39g Crypt/ anubias, wild shrimp and minnows.

55g Reef- first salt in many many years, coming along. Looking great, and stable. Garden mix of soft/lps corals. DIY refugeum

20g Reef- different than the first by design.

Comment

I would also brush up on the nitrogen cycle. Like another member said, you're trying to build a bacteria colony by "cycling" the tank. You're need to be cycling the tank, not the water. Water carries some bacteria but not enough to be able to add to a new tank and consider it "cycled"

Comment

Working...
                          X