Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you know if purple conduct anemone is dead?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you know if purple conduct anemone is dead?

I recently ordered a clean up crew and a purple conduct anemone from reefs2go. The order came yesterday and as I was checking each bag all the livestock looked good except the anemone. Now I understand that they can get stressed during delivery etc, but how do you tell between stressed keep dead? I have been corresponding back and forth with customer service and after sending pics they said that they believe it was just stressed and to target feed and wait a while to see if it perks back up. My worries are that it is just dead sitting in my tank. The water is starting to smell and the mouth is completely exposed and even after target feeding there has been no response. It seems to be melting away and they insist it is just stressed cause it still is a vibrant purplish color. Any ideas?

I told them that if it continued to melt I was going to take it out of my tank but they suggested to leave it or else it would die. So I told them that I would trust them and leave it to see if it gets any better. :(

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Xparent Pink Tapatalk 2

Just realized spellcheck kept putting conduct I meant condy.

Comment

It's getting worse. :(
      So I'm waiting on a response from r2g.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Xparent Pink Tapatalk 2

Comment

Definitely not dead! They need good flow and pretty strong lighting. I would kick up the flow and turn the lights out for a bit. Let it get settled, then slowly start your lighting regime. Maybe 4 hours at first... slowly working back up.

What is your tanks specs?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

That sux , are they sending you a replacement if it doesn't make it ?
          Don't tell fish stories where people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish.
          Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by flipside View Post
            Definitely not dead! They need good flow and pretty strong lighting. I would kick up the flow and turn the lights out for a bit. Let it get settled, then slowly start your lighting regime. Maybe 4 hours at first... slowly working back up.

What is your tanks specs?

good to hear
            Don't tell fish stories where people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish.
            Mark Twain

Comment

6 gallon Rimless. Light and flow not an issue but I can keep trying to acclimate it.

Comment

Haven't heard back. Maybe they are closed for the day.

Comment

Wow... that's going to be a task anyway. That is very small for any nem. Typically, they are not suggested for immature tanks so just keep at it.

You may want to do a water change soon too. That little guy is definitely stressed.

I'd imagine R2G is closed, too...

Comment

Well I have a rbta in my other fluval 6 gallon and he is fine. I did a water change but nothing is helping. :(

Comment

Comment

Rbta in 6 gallon has been great.

Comment

That does look rough. All that dark stuff in the plastic bag is probably from him expelling out all his inside fluids. He still looks like he has some life in him though. I've seen dead, and he looks like he's severely ticked off. Is he anchoring or floating around?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Wow if that's not dead I wonder what dead looks like. His tentacles are falling off now and he starting to slime. I don't think he's going to make it. He isn't anchoring but barely not flipping over. Unless I crank up the flow even more he'll just blow over. I mean I don't know what else to do. I think he was just to stressed once I got him. Idk. I hate if I can't get him to come back. Sigh.

Comment

It's dead...sorry...I hope you could get refund

Comment

Working...
                              X