Stocking 26 gallon reef tank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stocking 26 gallon reef tank

I want to put some awesome fish in it! Are eels in the question? What is compatible with a dwarf lion fish? Can I put clown fish? What's the best set up ? Set up right now is a 26 gallon tank with a 350 magnum filter

I don't know a whole lot about salt water , but I don't think a 26 gallon would be big enough for a dwarf lion fish ,They need a lot of hiding spots . Unless you already have one , then I think you should convert that 55 gallon to salt for it .
    Don't tell fish stories where people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish.
    Mark Twain

Comment

You can do a snow flake eel, but it may attack or eat the clown. I'd stick with smaller fish because eventually the eel will grow to large. I'd stick clowns, damsels, cardinals, gobies, bennies and such.
      ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

Originally posted by barrettsline View Post
        You can do a snow flake eel, but it may attack or eat the clown. I'd stick with smaller fish because eventually the eel will grow to large. I'd stick clowns, damsels, cardinals, gobies, bennies and such.
        +1
        Don't tell fish stories where people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish.
        Mark Twain

Comment

If you want eel, I have to suggest the dwarf golden morray eel. Nice eel that will never go big.

Comment

Snow flake eel in 26 gallon tank

How long could I keep it in that tank? Could I keep it if it's by itself? I want an eel in my tank. A dwarf golden Morray is too expensive, they are $100 everywhere I look and the snow flake is $54. What should I do?

Comment

Save up some $ or get a bigger tank .If you can't afford it now just wait until you can . Never a good idea to rush into something your not set up for .Just my opinion .
              Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by HERM View Post
                Save up some $ or get a bigger tank .If you can't afford it now just wait until you can . Never a good idea to rush into something your not set up for .Just my opinion .
                +1

Comment

What fish will survive and thrive with a dwarf golden Morray eel

It must fit a 26 gallon tank and compatible with dwarf golden Morray eel.

Comment

Working...
                  X