Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 54g corner build

I started working on this back in may. It is comeing together quite nicely
    This is the whole system. I will build a front panel for the bottom sometime later this year

This is the canopy. Lighting is from a 250 watt hqi and a 150 watt hqi. Both with hexarc 14k bulbs. Note the two 5 inch cooling fans. The legs for the canopy will be removed once I build the suspension kit in a couple of months. Currently there is 24 inches of distance between light and water surface

Here is the sump and refugium. Plumbing corner tanks is difficult

Lastly is the main display. This picture really does not do it justice considering the depth from front to back. 80 lbs of figi live rock with mixed grain sized argonite sand
    My fish has no eye, he is called "fsh"

Very interesting.
    Guppies:
    Hi-fin pepper Cory's, Black Cory's, Long Fin Golden Aneus, Swordtails, some lyretail(RREA's, Red, Albino Koi, Red & Gold Tux), Different types of BN plecos(albino, calico, long fin, blue eyed short & long fin)
    Mystery Snails, Yellow Shrimp, CPDs

HAS Master Aquatic Gardener awarded 1997
    HAS Master Fish Breeder awarded 1998

Comment

Looks good but one question. Why is the return pipe built that way instead of coming straight out? Also you should see if you can get the grey or black plumbing for the return because my eyes go directly to it because it stands out.
      Resident fish bum
      330G FOWLR
      34G Reef
      330G Discus biotopish (no longer running)
      28G JBJ Reef (no longer running)
      Treasurer, GHAC

Comment

It does look good but is also agree the pipes in the tank need to be a dark color you could possibly paint them and let it cure real good

Comment

Man those are some bright lights!!! Whats your evaporation rate? Got to agree with the pipes, however you could also give time and your coraline algae with cover it for a natural look.
          ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

I will eventually used some lock line or black/gray pvc to do the return. As for the the reason is does not come strait out. The inverted U shaped is there for a siphone break above the water line. There is a small hole pointed down at the top of the inverted U. A check valve had to much back pressure. If power goes out there will only be a tiny bit of back flow to the sump.. Keep in mind that in the back of the sump is a refugium with pump and return also. The sump has about a three gallon tolerance in the event of a power outage. I am renter so a flooded town home is bad news.

Comment

That is a good idea. I have a huge sump so dont have to worry but in a different tank I may look into that thanks.
              Resident fish bum
              330G FOWLR
              34G Reef
              330G Discus biotopish (no longer running)
              28G JBJ Reef (no longer running)
              Treasurer, GHAC

Comment

Great job. The hole above water line is a good idea. better safe than sorry.

Comment

Is this the scape you sticking with?
                  I ate my fish that died.

Comment

Pretty much. It looks much better than the pict shows. I have one main terrace at the top. Three smaller in the front. I am going to add about 10 more lbs of LR behind the left and right second tier. The tiers are for sps. The wide swath of sand in front is for LPS. Keep in mind this tank has about 24 inches of depth from front to back. Also it is 22 inches deep. Cool thing about this bow shape is the ability to see so much from differnt point of view. The disadvage is some distortion. On the two left and right tiers I am going place some tableing acros. the center teir is for a pocilopora colony. the Large top tier will have some assorted acros. The left and right back side of the top tier on the sides will be for some monti caps.

Comment

Very nicely done. You're lights are a bit high, and a bit overkill, IMO. Just that 250w would do, but with those cooling fans up there, you should be good to go. Got a sump shot?

Here's my old tank. It's a 92g though. Sold it off years ago, but wish I didn't.

Comment

Working...
                      X