Is this a strawberry anemone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this a strawberry anemone?

I found this little guy and from what I looked up it could possibly be a strawberry anemone. What do you think? It's in a little crevice but maybe the length of an eraser tip. Any ideas?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Xparent Pink Tapatalk 2

Sorry forgot to attach pic.

Comment

Comment

Stawberry anemones are cold water inverts from california. If your tank is over 65 degrees, its not. My money is on aptasia.
        75 planted (Being Renovated)
        Endlers
        gobies
        lots of nanos

Comment

I wasn't sure if that was what it was cause I did find some aiptasia in my tank but they didn't look like this one. This one was pretty like a pink orange center with neon green spots and clear tentacles with white balls on tip. Darn, I sure hate to get rid of it. It's pretty. I bought a peppermint shrimp for the aiptasia but she has a belly of green eggs so hasn't really come out of hiding but to eat some. O well. Hope she'll eat them all....

Comment

I was looking online some more abd it possibly could be a ball anemone. It looks just like the pics I pulled up. If so should I keep it?

Comment

I had an orange ball anemone once as a hitch hiker too, I read that it turns out there actually mushrooms and spread about the same rate, can be invasive but mine never did much but grow a little bit, one day I woke up and it was gone, that was over a year ago.

Comment

Yea, he looks so cute when he extends. Idk if he will last long but I'm hoping he'll make it for a while. He is a cute little fella.

Comment

Got a pic of it more opened up.

Comment

uploadfromtaptalk1343686052545.jpg

Comment

Working...
                    X