water top off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• water top off

I need an auto top off for my tank and wanted some advise. I was going to get a avast but they won't return my calls. I want to plumb my RO directly to the top off via float valve. I would prefer not to drill the sump, which is why I wanted the avast... Anyone have any suggestions on a good setup?

Id just run my ro straight to the tank its easy and don't have to worry about filling a tank for the top off I have a 1/2 drill bit for drilling glass if you wanna borrow it

Comment

I think I can help you install a float valve. I can show you how I did my topoff without any risk of breaking the sump from drilling. I am not sure why more are not done the way I did mine.

Comment

I'm not worried about drilling the sump... I just didn't want to because I don't really want to break down the sump. The tank is already running... That's why I was looking for another option.I have drilled many tanks, I can do that as a last option but I wanted to see if anyone else had any suggestions

Comment

You don't need to take it down to drill. I have done 3 float valves with the tank up and going.

Comment

Drill the bubble trapImageUploadedByTapatalk1342899850.733655.jpg
            Viola

Comment

Damm that's slick I never thought of drilling there.
              Also you don't have to break it down if you can get your drill in there just put some towels down to catch any glass I did that with the 29 gallon Sump I had

Comment

I have a ball valve to keep the water in my main. I closed it and pumped out as much water as I could. Just stop and cool the bit every 20 seconds or so. Smallest one I did this on was a 20g high with baffles. If it breaks, big deal, it is just the bubble trap.

Comment

What is a bubble trap
                  Resident fish bum
                  330G FOWLR
                  34G Reef
                  330G Discus biotopish (no longer running)
                  28G JBJ Reef (no longer running)
                  Treasurer, GHAC

Comment

You talking about the sump divider?
                    Resident fish bum
                    330G FOWLR
                    34G Reef
                    330G Discus biotopish (no longer running)
                    28G JBJ Reef (no longer running)
                    Treasurer, GHAC

Comment

The 3 dividers together. Google should give a detailed breakdown with graphics. Search reef sump bubble trap or something. Adding DIY might help.

Comment

I don't have a bubble trap. I removed it so my protein skimmer could fit into my sump... I think I might have an idea though... My parts will be in Wednesday I will keep you up to date

Comment

Just add a pane above or at the waterline. I have run my tank without the sump for a day or two at a time. I think 4 days was the record. Tape the pane against clean glass and silicon the opposite side. Let cure 24-48 hrs and then run the sump again. Once the silicon holds it will be plenty string, even If you only tac it.

Comment

Working...
                          X