Red bubble algae?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red bubble algae?

Found some red bubble on the sand bed near the glass, on the glass in the sump and one some live rocks. What do I do?! I'll post up some pic when I get on a computer.

Don't pop them they'll spread spores just trust and vacuum them out during a water change

Comment

Would emerald crab help with it? What is the cause of it?

Comment

I dunno to both I had that in my Sump as well just carefully vacuum and scrape them off trying not to pop them

Comment

Originally posted by johnnymisty View Post
          I dunno to both I had that in my Sump as well just carefully vacuum and scrape them off trying not to pop them
          Alright. How many % should I do for the water change

Comment

Just during a normal water change

Comment

Are you sure its red bubble algae? And not red slime with air trapped under it? Post a pic of it please.
              Resident fish bum
              330G FOWLR
              34G Reef
              330G Discus biotopish (no longer running)
              28G JBJ Reef (no longer running)
              Treasurer, GHAC

Comment

63.jpg64.jpgcouldnt get a clear pic of the sump but its like a patch of red slim on the glass( front and back) of the refugium section with bubbles on it too like how the rocks are

Comment

Thats red slime not red bubble, they get bubbles trapped under them. If you keep the tank clean and params level they will go away eventually.
                  Resident fish bum
                  330G FOWLR
                  34G Reef
                  330G Discus biotopish (no longer running)
                  28G JBJ Reef (no longer running)
                  Treasurer, GHAC

Comment

Originally posted by Darbex View Post
                    Thats red slime not red bubble, they get bubbles trapped under them. If you keep the tank clean and params level they will go away eventually.
                    i havent done a water change yet since the tank been set up. it was cycle for about a 4 weeks and been running with live stock for about 3 weeks. how much should i do and how often?

Comment

Working...
                    X