Ocellated Spiny Eel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ocellated Spiny Eel

Hey everyone, is anyone on here familiar with the Ocellated Spiny Eel (Mastacembelus vanderwaali)? I really like Spiny Eels but I want to stay true to my African theme in my tank. This seems to be the only, or one of the only spiny eels from Africa. The info on them is sparse online, and I have yet to find one available on the web. Is this a search for a fish that will never lead to ownership? Also, is this the only African spiny eel that is "available" in our hobby? Thanks for any info you can share.
    65G African Tank (1 Ropefish, 1 Senegal Bichir, 3 Spotted Climbing Pearch, 2 Black Calvus "Zebra", 1 Featherfin Cat, African Knife, 2 Upside down Cats and an African Butterfly Fish.

30G "The Mudhole" 3 African Mudskippers (Periophthalmus barbarus)

20G 4 Longfin Zebra Danio, 2 Julii Cory, 2 Bolivian Ram, 1 Stripped Raphael and 3 Glass Cats.

Found one! My local fish store is ordering me one and it should be here next week!
    65G African Tank (1 Ropefish, 1 Senegal Bichir, 3 Spotted Climbing Pearch, 2 Black Calvus "Zebra", 1 Featherfin Cat, African Knife, 2 Upside down Cats and an African Butterfly Fish.

30G "The Mudhole" 3 African Mudskippers (Periophthalmus barbarus)

20G 4 Longfin Zebra Danio, 2 Julii Cory, 2 Bolivian Ram, 1 Stripped Raphael and 3 Glass Cats.

Comment

Working...
    X