A picture of my newest tankmate.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A picture of my newest tankmate.

My little Polypterus senegalus "Senegal Bichir". He is the first member of my African tank in progress.
    65G African Tank (1 Ropefish, 1 Senegal Bichir, 3 Spotted Climbing Pearch, 2 Black Calvus "Zebra", 1 Featherfin Cat, African Knife, 2 Upside down Cats and an African Butterfly Fish.

30G "The Mudhole" 3 African Mudskippers (Periophthalmus barbarus)

20G 4 Longfin Zebra Danio, 2 Julii Cory, 2 Bolivian Ram, 1 Stripped Raphael and 3 Glass Cats.

be careful with the size fish you add, this guy will eat or bite most of them.
    700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Thanks for the info. Yeah, Im only going to add a few larger fish to the tank and nothing small. My list consist of a rope fish, Black Calvus, African Leaf-Spotted Fish and thats probably it.
      65G African Tank (1 Ropefish, 1 Senegal Bichir, 3 Spotted Climbing Pearch, 2 Black Calvus "Zebra", 1 Featherfin Cat, African Knife, 2 Upside down Cats and an African Butterfly Fish.

20G 4 Longfin Zebra Danio, 2 Julii Cory, 2 Bolivian Ram, 1 Stripped Raphael and 3 Glass Cats.

Comment

You may want to watch out for your new guy. They're fin nippers! My senegal took a huge chunk off my delhezi's tail

Comment

Thanks mistahoo, Ill keep an eye on him and if he causes to much trouble, he will need to find a new home. lol

Comment

Awww! They're so wicked lookin! Our bichir used to swim all around the tank when he was in the 75g, but never bothered anyone. Since moving him to the 180g, we hardly ever see him anymore. Hes camped out inside the hollow rock & doesn't come out unless its to eat. He's about 6 inches long right now. Maybe mine is just really passive or still too young to be that aggressive. A VWW to your newest addition!
            180g - 2 Red Oscars, 1 Tiger Oscar, 1 JD, Convicts, convicts & more convicts
            75g - 1 Silver Aro, 1 Mean Koi Angel
            50g - Various platy & mollies
            10g - 1 Green Spotted Puffer

Comment

Working...
            X