Pump that is strong and small?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pump that is strong and small?

I purchased a Quiet One 6000 pump which pumps around 1650 gph for the 125 saltwater I am setting up. Unfortunately it didn't fit into the pump section of my PM sump. Freakin PM sump area can only fit a 4 inch wide pump..

So I am on a quest for a small pump (no wider than 4 inches) but has to be very powerful. I also like them to be very quiet as well.

I currently run a Sicce 3.0 in my 90 mixed reef and like it alot, but it only puts out 750 gph..

Any recommendations on a good powerful, quiet and small pump?

Thanks.

Hangman

Have you thought of hooking up the QO6000 externally? They come with fittings for that.
    http://www.facebook.com/DAScolorado

Comment

Yea put a bulkhead on your sump then eheim 1262 lol
      Mentally Challenged

My Flickr

Comment

Thanks guys, but not looking to run an external sump. Has an accident once with an external sump and it wasn't pretty.. The Mrs. is gonna cap my hobby budget if it happens again.. LOL

I think I am going to try the Rio 26HF. I've had a Rio 2100 that just quit on me after 6 years of service. Its still runs, but it trips the GFCI now and then. But after 6 years, its earned its worth. Its also the only ones that fits inside the sump return chamber. I'll just have to see how noisy it is.
        Last edited by Hangman; 07-12-2012, 09:03 AM.

Comment

IMO you dont need a large pump for the return. You actually want a low flow pump so that you are giving the water time to interact with you macros, LS, LR, and/or any reactors. I am running an Iwaki 40RLT on my 330G.
          Resident fish bum
          330G FOWLR
          34G Reef
          330G Discus biotopish (no longer running)
          28G JBJ Reef (no longer running)
          Treasurer, GHAC

Comment

Thanks for the advice Darbex. I will reconsider the flow rate for the tank.

Comment

NP if you are looking for water turnover that is what the vortechs, tunze, or koralias are for.
              Resident fish bum
              330G FOWLR
              34G Reef
              330G Discus biotopish (no longer running)
              28G JBJ Reef (no longer running)
              Treasurer, GHAC

Comment

Working...
              X