New ADF Tank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New ADF Tank

I picked up a 20G Long in Petco's sale and set it up for ADFs. I've got two blue mystery snails in there, too. I think I will probably add some endlers in a month or so.

It's a little messy. I didn't really give the plants much time to grow in before i put the frogs in and they are knocking things around a bit. But that's ok cause they are SO GOSH DARNED CUTE that I don't really care. The plants will recover. I am just so happy to have frogs again!

Those who don't study history are doomed to repeat it. Yet, those who do study history are doomed to stand by helplessly while everyone else repeats it.

Looking cool!
    700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

they are cute!
      Guppies:
      Hi-fin pepper Cory's, Black Cory's, Long Fin Golden Aneus, Swordtails, some lyretail(RREA's, Red, Albino Koi, Red & Gold Tux), Different types of BN plecos(albino, calico, long fin, blue eyed short & long fin)
      Mystery Snails, Yellow Shrimp, CPDs

HAS Master Aquatic Gardener awarded 1997
      HAS Master Fish Breeder awarded 1998

Comment

Thanks!

All of the plants are scraps from other tanks. I'm not sure if they are going to make it. Several of the stems have already floated up and I keep having to replant the hairgrass.

The frogs are awesome though. Every evening they come out and start bounding around the tank like little clowns. It is one of my favorite tanks, for sure.
        Those who don't study history are doomed to repeat it. Yet, those who do study history are doomed to stand by helplessly while everyone else repeats it.

Comment

froggggssss
          Mentally Challenged

My Flickr

Comment

i always liked these little guys, they dont seem to do well in deeper tanks so this one looks perfect for them. The acronym kinda threw me off for a second which i think is funny. we are so hung up on acronyms. herpers use the terms DUF (dwarf underwater frog) for hymenochirus sp and ACF (african clawed frogs) for xenopus sp. it always makes me curious when i read something like 'african dwarf clawed frog' cuz that usually means someones gonna get ate lol.
            75G Standard - High Light Planted Community Fish
            28G Aquapod - Medium Light Planted Shrimp & Microrasboras
            12G Eclipse - Bonsai Planted Betta & Shrimp
            29G Standard - Vivarium w/ Red Devil Crabs
            45G Exo-Terra - Terrarium w/ Hermit Crabs (in progress)
            33G Cubish - Vivarium w/ D.auratus 'blue & bronze'

GHAC Member

Comment

Ooh, I love it! Tank looks awesome, girl.
              "I think that God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability." -Oscar Wilde

Comment

Thanks!

I love them. I lost one of the little guys. He wouldn't eat no matter what I did. I moved him to his own tank for a while, but he didn't make it.

The remaining 5 are doing great though. They are sharing the tank with some Endler's now...adults and fry.

This is one of my favorite tanks!

Comment

Aw. :( That's too bad, I'm sorry.

And hey, I still have your tupperware staring at me every time I open the cupboard!! We'll have to make it an excuse to invite ourselves to come see all these lovely tanks in person!
                  "I think that God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability." -Oscar Wilde

Comment

Working...
                  X