Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For Trade: k4 and 20h planted shrimp tank with 1-200 rcs

Want to trade my k4 for 2 k1s/nanos or othe equipment for my bc29

Will sell the shrimp tank for 90 or trade it for a nano skimmer for the bc29 or lps
    Last edited by rgonzales; 07-13-2012, 05:04 PM.
    mmm...pancakes

I have a single k2. I use it in a 10g qt sometimes. It was purchased 2 years ago, but actual use is probably 10-12 months between qt and frag tanks. I have maxijets for that now and need a k4 sized power head.

Comment

I think a k2 may be too much flow but i'll keep it in mind.

Also got a 20h planted tank with 100+ rcs i'd be willing to trade for stuff for the cube or sell for 90
      mmm...pancakes

Comment

I had 1 in a 10g aquarium 75% full. i had no sand in the bottom as i was visiting my parents(who have no saltwater aquarium) and my uncle was in town who has a 300 head colony of frogspawn, a toadstool 22" wide, and 7years worth of solid growth colonies who was giving me mini colonies of this stuff. I help acans, toadstools, zoas, etc... in a 10g with one of these and they extended fine and seemed happy. it would have been too much flow for kenya tree or xenia type corals. if you used it, that would be the only powerhead you need, but unless you are doing the waving softie corals it would probably be fine. those corals were housed in that setup for a 3 day weekend. I used two of them in a 15g frag tank with success, but once again no pest corals. it all depends on what you are keeping. I could be wrong because of the shape of the cube tho.

Comment

I do have xenias and kenya trees. Starting to regret it though i like my lps and zoas 10x more
          mmm...pancakes

Comment

I had anthelia.... in my humble opinion, you should get rid of them, then when they grow back, get rid of them again... (repeat this process til they finally stop growing back) then, go with zoas, and lps like acans, frogspawn, trumpet/candycane, and maybe a montipora NOT A CAP! because those are as bad as kenya trees. because in a 29 biocube, a kenya tree will take over 1 rock, the polyps extend, then in the current they beat everything around them like a whip. each variety will need about 25% of your tank to look cool and will have a 4" death ring around it where nothing wants to grow.. when they propagate themselves and start popping up everywhere you will have a species only reef lol.... it is great for a 4' tank and looks awesome. people that have no idea what goes in to keeping a reef tank like to watch those corals sway and eat more than they like to look at LE sps corals. Just slap the k2 on your back wall, point it at the surface front and center, then let the remodeling begin. heh

Comment

Bump.
              mmm...pancakes

Comment

Plants in shrimp tank are valisneria, xmas moss, fissidens, stargrass, duckweed, a sword, another un id'd plant.
                mmm...pancakes

Comment

Also looking to trade for a fuge light that works in the back if the biocube now too
                  mmm...pancakes

Comment

No interest in the tank?
                    mmm...pancakes

Comment

Originally posted by rgonzales View Post
                      No interest in the tank?
                      Any pics of the tank? Can send to my number. 9794178852

Comment

Text sent
                        mmm...pancakes

Comment