Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Diggin in the rain, Diggin in the rain...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diggin in the rain, Diggin in the rain...

What a glorious feeeeeeeeeelin just diggin in the rain!

Started enlarging my pond on Saturday and stayed cool due to the rain. Just finished it up tonight in the dark. Nothin makes you feel like a grave robber quite like digging a hole waist deep by lantern light!

Anyways, I went from a 175g preformed pond liner to a rubber pond liner. Its roughly 9' x 4' and steps up from 24" to 18" to 12" deep. By my calculations it will be 400 gallons. The 12" section will be a bog filter. This was the best I could do with the pond liner I bought. I bought a used one off of craigslist a while back but its nice thick stuff. I'll post some pics when I get a chance.
    135 gal Fahaka Puffer
    150 gal Threadfin Acaras, Angels, Red Spotted Severum, Gold Severum, and a Silver Dollar
    185 gal Demasoni, Yellow Labs, Venustus, Rustys, Plecos, Clown Loaches, and Sharks

Can't wait to see pics!
    Scarecrow : I haven't got a brain... only straw.
    Dorothy : How can you talk if you haven't got a brain?
    Scarecrow: I don't know... But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking... don't they?
    Dorothy: Yes, I guess you're right.

Comment

yes yes pictures please
      Mentally Challenged

My Flickr

Comment

+1 on the pics. And what a way to cool off?
        http://www.facebook.com/DAScolorado

Comment

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1341321589.750755.jpg
          ImageUploadedByTapatalk1341321974.656126.jpg
          135 gal Fahaka Puffer
          150 gal Threadfin Acaras, Angels, Red Spotted Severum, Gold Severum, and a Silver Dollar
          185 gal Demasoni, Yellow Labs, Venustus, Rustys, Plecos, Clown Loaches, and Sharks

Comment

The bog filter section is under the liner in the pic
            Last edited by BeefyG; 07-03-2012, 08:30 AM.
            135 gal Fahaka Puffer

Comment

What's that big hole in the second pic?
              http://www.facebook.com/DAScolorado

Comment

The pond?

Lol, I have a cannister type filter that is going on the pond. You dig out a hole for it so it looks better and the pump has to work less.
                135 gal Fahaka Puffer

Comment

That's cool beef! I like ponds but hate yard work. So I enjoy other poeples.
                  look forward to seeing it finished...
                  Nothing Kills Evil Like a Sharp Stick...

Comment

When you gonna come dig mine? lol
                    20g mixed reef

Comment

I thought you had utility lines crossing your yard? I'll help you build a raised pond though. Nelson's water gardens website has a tutorial on it
                      135 gal Fahaka Puffer

Comment

Originally posted by BeefyG View Post
                        I thought you had utility lines crossing your yard? I'll help you build a raised pond though. Nelson's water gardens website has a tutorial on it
                        I was kidding, I've thought about building a big above ground pond and getting a red tail lol. Winter would suck though. I'd have to have a bunch of heaters...
                        20g mixed reef

Comment

Cool! Looking forward to seeing this all set up...keep us updated!
                          "I think that God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability." -Oscar Wilde

Comment

Pfft utility lines...
                            Mentally Challenged

My Flickr

Comment

digging. pffft. click, click, BOOM!
                              75G Standard - High Light Planted Community Fish
                              28G Aquapod - Medium Light Planted Shrimp & Microrasboras
                              12G Eclipse - Bonsai Planted Betta & Shrimp
                              29G Standard - Vivarium w/ Red Devil Crabs
                              45G Exo-Terra - Terrarium w/ Hermit Crabs (in progress)
                              33G Cubish - Vivarium w/ D.auratus 'blue & bronze'

GHAC Member

Comment

Working...
                              X