My vivs, toads and frogs (pic heavy)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My vivs, toads and frogs (pic heavy)

Hey, everybody! I thought I would introduce our vivariums and inhabitants on here, finally...

This is the 15g that houses 3 Melanophryniscus stelzneri (Bumblebee walking toads). I've had them since...April?...or so. They are very fun to watch, so clumsy and cute. I'll have to get a video one of these days.

Here's the 20g high, housing 3 Dendrobates auratus "Blue bronze", just got these recently.

The original couple, I think it might be a pair, still trying to determine for sure...

The possible male?

Him again.

Possible female? She seems to have a slightly rounder hind end... )

And the newest addition, definitely a male.

So that's it! New to frogs but completely smitten...we have an empty 20g in the garage, I think I might end up with some more if Roy lets me...hehheh...
    "I think that God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability." -Oscar Wilde

Great picts! All these vivariums, making me get an itch to start another project too. What are the tell tale signs supposed to be between males & females on dendros? Cool toads!
    30Long: L134 Leopard Frog Plecos X16, Corydoras Sterbai X9, Endlers X4

Small ADA nano (~8gal): ... BKK or OEBT breeding tank in the works!

75g Craigslist Special: In the works...

Comment

Thanks! It didn't take me long to go head over heels...darn things are so cute!

from what I understand, the males are longer in the body, and sit taller. The females have more of a pear shape...really, a rounder hind end! Lol....froggy got back?!
      "I think that God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability." -Oscar Wilde

Comment

I love all these pics!!! They have certainly been fun to keep and the vivs are just as much fun to plan and build. I know that 20 is just calling me as well, lol. Guess we can have fun pondering another future viv... at least once you have the fruit flies then having a few more is cake...
        In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
        Desiderius Erasmus
        GHAC President

Comment

Yup! Now just to find the space for one more viv.... just one more!

Comment

Haha, guess we'll just need to have another bookshelf moved to the Garage...
            In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
            Desiderius Erasmus
            GHAC President

Comment

Viv-rack!
              30Long: L134 Leopard Frog Plecos X16, Corydoras Sterbai X9, Endlers X4

Small ADA nano (~8gal): ... BKK or OEBT breeding tank in the works!

75g Craigslist Special: In the works...

Comment

Originally posted by mnemenoi View Post
                Haha, guess we'll just need to have another bookshelf moved to the Garage...
                Oh, noes! Not the books, honey!! ...when are these kids moving out, anyway?!

Comment

Just gorgeous, Sasha and mRoy! Love the look of your vivarium. And of course we all love those frogs.

Man... we need to come up with a combined name for Sasha and Roy. mRosha? Sasheroy?
                  All bleeding stops eventually...

Comment

Originally posted by aquabee View Post
                    Just gorgeous, Sasha and mRoy! Love the look of your vivarium. And of course we all love those frogs.

Man... we need to come up with a combined name for Sasha and Roy. mRosha? Sasheroy?
                    Thanks, Bee! And as far as the combo...hmm, I'm not sure that's rolling off the tongue any easier? Lol.

Comment

Pretty frogs and toads. My front porch is covered with toads every night lol
                      Mentally Challenged

My Flickr

Comment

vivariums have turned out great, did yall make the backgrounds? i dig the tree in the auratus tank. sexing is best done by the way the vent area looks, at least thats what i did. the hunching structure in males works on some types, mainly the azureas / tinctorius groups.
                        75G Standard - High Light Planted Community Fish
                        28G Aquapod - Medium Light Planted Shrimp & Microrasboras
                        12G Eclipse - Bonsai Planted Betta & Shrimp
                        29G Standard - Vivarium w/ Red Devil Crabs
                        45G Exo-Terra - Terrarium w/ Hermit Crabs (in progress)
                        33G Cubish - Vivarium w/ D.auratus 'blue & bronze'

GHAC Member

Comment

Thankya, yeah we did the backgrounds with the kitty-litter method, I have to say it was pretty fun! And we got way lucky on that wood, I love it.

Oh, I didn't know that about vents...hmmm. I'll have to get you over here again some time so you can help me sex 'em! I would have no clue what I'm looking at... :/

Comment

vent = herpspeak for butt so you know all about it lol
                            75G Standard - High Light Planted Community Fish
                            28G Aquapod - Medium Light Planted Shrimp & Microrasboras
                            12G Eclipse - Bonsai Planted Betta & Shrimp
                            29G Standard - Vivarium w/ Red Devil Crabs
                            45G Exo-Terra - Terrarium w/ Hermit Crabs (in progress)
                            33G Cubish - Vivarium w/ D.auratus 'blue & bronze'

GHAC Member

Comment

Ah! Okay...hmmmm.

Yes, please come over and inspect my frog butts. Lol. Then I don't have to.

Comment

Working...
                              X