PDA

View Full Version : Battas on Sale

troy tucker
06-21-2012, 08:10 AM
Petsmart has Battas on Sale. I got 3 female Battas for a dollor each. I think I'm going to another store so I can get more. Males were under $5.00

I have had Battas in my Angel tanks befor. They give great color to any tank and you can put as many as 8 in a 55g tank. How many do you think I can put to gether in a 150g? and them get along with one an other.

TexSun
06-21-2012, 08:15 AM
maybe three times as many as a 55gal ;)

TexSun
06-21-2012, 08:15 AM
Thanks for the heads up. Im going to try and swing by there after work.

Totenkampf
06-21-2012, 05:16 PM
i have never had males get along in even a 75, they find each other and its over in my case. i bought a pair of dragonscale crowntails that are outstanding at this sale. they even had platinum double tail half-moons for 11 bucks. i had one in with my angels in my 75 and the angels kept picking at him. they mostly ignore the females though.

black_knight
06-21-2012, 07:49 PM
There was once an article on the internet about a lady who kept all her fry from the start in the same tank. She claimed all her bettas were able coexist without huge issues. You just couldn't put any new ones into the colony, and if you took one out you couldn't put it back. I've never tried it with betta spelendens (the bettas you buy at Pet Smart). Now other species of bettas like Betta channoides and albimarginata can live in colony set ups, no problem.

Totenkampf
06-21-2012, 08:15 PM
i have observed that family behavior with neolamprolugus brichardi and leleupi as well. that would be cool~

black_knight
06-21-2012, 08:28 PM
i have observed that family behavior with neolamprolugus brichardi and leleupi as well. that would be cool~
Well I don't know if the ladies article was BS or not. Now the B. albimarginata and channoides are mouth brooders. They interact with one another but they don't have much family behavior. But brichardi do have that cool behavior, though it's almost like ethnic cleansing. They tend to harrass and kill everything that isn't part of the family "the wolf pack"
LOL

Totenkampf
06-22-2012, 08:46 AM
too true, i had two types of brichardi and one leleupi in a 75 gallon, they formed three little clusters of up to 50 individuals each and it got vicious in there. those things breed like the plague.

troy tucker
06-22-2012, 05:33 PM
I know they will breed. Thats why I have no males. all the females look great.

Fancyfish
06-23-2012, 06:23 AM
I set up a 55g tank over the summer once years ago. I put one male betta and a couple females and left them all summer. I noticed that the males that grew up in that tank did not fight in that tank. So I would believe that article.

Fishmaker
07-01-2012, 09:51 PM
stop by at petco today and they also have some pretty nice quality bettas for sale along baby bettas. saw this awesome double half moon red male betta. :] was a good looker. happy hunting for your betta guys, enjoy.

Totenkampf
07-02-2012, 10:16 AM
i ended up picking up a red finned / blue scaled double tail half moon myself, very cool fish

Fishmaker
07-07-2012, 11:04 PM
oh man that sounds like a sweet fish Totenkampf. would love to see some pics of your new pick up.

mistahoo
07-07-2012, 11:09 PM
oh man that sounds like a sweet fish Totenkampf. would love to see some pics of your new pick up.

I snagged a platinum dragonscale betta and a crowntail that's platinum scales and a blended purplish/blue/white tail a couple weeks after the sale for the bettas started