Official Rub It In My Face Cool Auction Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Rub It In My Face Cool Auction Thread

okay, lets see your hauls! I was barely leaving the GHAC meeting when the auction was starting it seems so I missed out...I hear there were tons of plants so lets seem em so i can get ticked off enough to make SURE that i dont miss this next year~!
    75G Standard - High Light Planted Community Fish
    28G Aquapod - Medium Light Planted Shrimp & Microrasboras
    12G Eclipse - Bonsai Planted Betta & Shrimp
    29G Standard - Vivarium w/ Red Devil Crabs
    45G Exo-Terra - Terrarium w/ Hermit Crabs (in progress)
    33G Cubish - Vivarium w/ D.auratus 'blue & bronze'

GHAC Member

There's still one more this year I believe you can make/miss

Comment

You don't want to know what went on there...

Missing the $10 steak dinner is probably enough to make you upset.
      700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

oh i wanna know, i kinda know who has what in GHAC so I am interested to see what kinda plants or SA cichlids the HASters have going on. lets see that botanical garden sunny!

GHAC Member

Comment

There was a few groups of pinoy angelfish that was at the auction that I couldn't afford....

Mostly malawa/mbuna/peacocks/angels with a few odds and ends but I would say most of those came from C and R tropical
          700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

You should be very disappointed! Jeff
            Go to Heaven for the climate Hell for the company.

125g SA/CA
            125g Red Jewels, and mbuna
            90g Hex Angels, Tetras, and Cories
            55g Low Tech Planted. Guppies, Neon Tetras, Red Cherry Shrimp
            55g peacock pair
            45g Fry tank
            12g Hospital Tank
            75g Coming soon....Geos?

Comment

better to not know IMO...
              )

then again there was those mindless bids that happened that probably made up for some of the great deals that were had.
              700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Lots of great driftwood, guppies, swordtails, not to mention a lot of equipment. Rare livebears, old aquarium books. And several bags of SA or CA cichlids that I didn't recognize. People came from Louisiana and brought LOTS of stuff, I think it was over 100 bags from the 3 of them. Seems like they were into cichlids.
                Guppies:
                Hi-fin pepper Cory's, Black Cory's, Long Fin Golden Aneus, Swordtails, some lyretail(RREA's, Red, Albino Koi, Red & Gold Tux), Different types of BN plecos(albino, calico, long fin, blue eyed short & long fin)
                Mystery Snails, Yellow Shrimp, CPDs

HAS Master Aquatic Gardener awarded 1997
                HAS Master Fish Breeder awarded 1998

Comment

I seized the opportunity and got plants for my 210 and 100 grow tank. Here's my first ever attempt of scaping with plants. Hoping they'll grow into nice thick clumps where they're at.

Grow tank has A. Nana in it.

I was also buying plants for a friend of mine who came by and picked up four large A. Barteri and A. Cogensis yesterday
                  http://www.facebook.com/DAScolorado

Comment

nice sunny, that green sets off everything else well. i heard about the monster barteri, thats one reason i started that thread. any rare plants?

GHAC Member

Comment

I would be the last person to ask about rare plants man. I'm sure somebody else might chime in on that.

I got a huge Barteri at the meeting from Hiepsta. That is what to the right in the tank. Need to find a better location for the African Water Fern though. Not happy about the current location.
                      http://www.facebook.com/DAScolorado

Comment

Originally posted by Fancyfish View Post
                        Lots of great driftwood, guppies, swordtails, not to mention a lot of equipment. Rare livebears, old aquarium books. And several bags of SA or CA cichlids that I didn't recognize. People came from Louisiana and brought LOTS of stuff, I think it was over 100 bags from the 3 of them. Seems like they were into cichlids.
                        I brought 10 things, mainly driftwood. John, the guy with the beard, brought a ton of dry goods. He recently received a ton of stuff from an LFS that went belly up, so he had a lot of stuff to move out...a lot of backgrounds especially. Maybe that is why the store went belly up, too much invested in aquarium backgrounds. Jim brought a lot of cichlids from Madagascar. He really should have brought more fish. He planned in bringing different hap species.

As for rare plants, I don't know. I picked up 3 really nice pieces of Java fern on coconut husk for like $7 each.

I will post before and after pictures of my 220 gallon later.
                        Last edited by clayt101; 06-19-2012, 03:42 PM.

Comment

Think the rarest or would considered rare compared to the other items was the subwassertang.

Rare or high light plants aren't that big of a hit like low light ferns, moss and anubias.
                          I remember bagging and bringing a ton of super nice plants for NASH and it wasn't that big of a hit
                          700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Kathy England brought a lot of pond plants. She gave me a small Perry's Baby Water Lily before the auction. I had planned on putting that in my aquarium, but I bought a big "Colorado" lily from her that I will instead put in my aquarium. Since I will only be viewing the lily from the side and not the top, I want it to have thick lily stems.

I am now thinking that I may end up building a 120 gallon pond outside. I will put the Perry's Baby lily in there.

Comment

Ok here are the before and after pictures....

Before:
                              Before.jpg

After...
                              After.jpg

Quite a difference!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X