breeding snyo petracloa?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• breeding snyo petracloa?

Iv got a large school of petracola in my 100, and im interested in trying to breed these guys for fun. Has anyone here had luck or knoe some tricks? Thanks.
    5 gal baby hecqui grow out
    7 gal baby compressicps
    14 bio cube fry tank, multies-orange leleupi-telmatochromis
    4 tank rack- 30 cubes. Shellies, mulities-brevis-telmatochromis-caudopunctaus
    100 gal mixed community tank
    125 Tropheus black bembas

Tanngankia cichlids what else

I have read that Synodontis can be notorious egg eaters and many have good luck with 2 flower pots stacked with marbles in the lower one. The adults will use them to hide and eventually spawn inside and the eggs will tumble into the marbles and hatch. Here is something similar
    In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
    Desiderius Erasmus
    GHAC President

Comment

yeah they suck when its time for others to breed never the less really cool fish but shy

Comment

Petricolas are egg sprayers, they don't spawn in other fish eggs. I had my petricolas breeding in a tank with nothing but cichlid fry in it. I personally could not get them into a controlled breeding state. I would just shine light inside my eheim and fine catfish fry swimming around in there. I probably have 5-6 in the canister now and I haven't had my petricola adults in 2 months

Comment

Working...
        X