Betta's in ponds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Betta's in ponds

Has anyone put their betta's in a pond for the summer? I set up a 55gal tank one summer and put a male and some or one (I don't remember how many) in it for the summer. no filtration and no heat. At the end of the summer I pulled out quite a few fish. I'm thinking of putting 2 pair(one in each pond) in some small ponds I have in the yard. I've already got goldfish and guppies in a third pond and they are doing great.
    Guppies:
    Hi-fin pepper Cory's, Black Cory's, Long Fin Golden Aneus, Swordtails, some lyretail(RREA's, Red, Albino Koi, Red & Gold Tux), Different types of BN plecos(albino, calico, long fin, blue eyed short & long fin)
    Mystery Snails, Yellow Shrimp, CPDs

HAS Master Aquatic Gardener awarded 1997
    HAS Master Fish Breeder awarded 1998

They should do ok in an outdoor pond in summer. If they are the longfinned type they may get nipped. The other thing to consider are predators.
    Emerald Green Rainbowfish
    Yellow Rabbit Snails

Comment

They are the longfinned type. The ponds are not inground so hopefully most preditors that would go after them wont. And hopefully they are too small to interest herons.
      Guppies:
      Hi-fin pepper Cory's, Black Cory's, Long Fin Golden Aneus, Swordtails, some lyretail(RREA's, Red, Albino Koi, Red & Gold Tux), Different types of BN plecos(albino, calico, long fin, blue eyed short & long fin)
      Mystery Snails, Yellow Shrimp, CPDs

HAS Master Aquatic Gardener awarded 1997
      HAS Master Fish Breeder awarded 1998

Comment

Working...
      X