Sharing my Stingrays...."Texas Forbidden fruit"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sharing my Stingrays...."Texas Forbidden fruit"

I know texas does not allow people to keep stingray and clownknives. Well.... to ease ya'll pain and sadness. I am willing share some video of the "forbidden fruit of texas"

Drool baby.... drool!!

Presenting the albino ornata aka albino clown knives

and the best for last!! My babies!!!

and the latest addition

**For the record.... Texas has the best LFS around :) Louisiana Pet store suck!!

Wowww.....!!!! Very nice.

What size tank is that?
    http://www.facebook.com/DAScolorado

Comment

Nice rays...

I am still trying to talk the wife into moving back to washington so i can have some rays lol
      Mentally Challenged

My Flickr

Comment

I hates a tease....

You coming with clay for the HAS auction, marcus?
        700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Don't know why they are illegal here they wouldn't survive in the nasty water around here.
          Mentally Challenged

My Flickr

Comment

you read all the problems with most people not being able to provide a good environment for them in a tank water quality wise but somehow they are suppose to be able to survive the local waters.... doesn't make sense to me.

Another thing is how both neighboring states are allowed to keep them.
            700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Originally posted by SunnyHouTX View Post
              Wowww.....!!!! Very nice.

What size tank is that?
              96x32x36 = 450ish

Originally posted by sunkenmetal View Post
              Nice rays...

I am still trying to talk the wife into moving back to washington so i can have some rays lol
              :) we move were the job is :)

Originally posted by eklikewhoa View Post
              I hates a tease....

You coming with clay for the HAS auction, marcus?
              I don't know yet. Some of the Selas member will be attending.

Don't know why they are illegal here they wouldn't survive in the nasty water around here.
              I don't know why they are illegal either. As for water condition, it is your responsible to provide the right condition for your pet. If you can't, then don't keep it.

you read all the problems with most people not being able to provide a good environment for them in a tank water quality wise but somehow they are suppose to be able to survive the local waters.... doesn't make sense to me.

Another thing is how both neighboring states are allowed to keep them.
              Because there are too many tree hugger. Why is Asian arow legal everywhere else in the world but not in the usa

Comment

Were you coming to Houston for other reasons outside of the HAS thing?

There's something wrong with tejas for sure and I agree about the aro thing too... doesn't make any damn sense.
                700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

I did not know clownkinves were illegal... when we bought our 135gal off of craigslist about 10 months ago it came with a 13 inch one.
                  My fish have more personality than you

Comment

It is like the snake head thing people getting all crazy...

My wife can get a job anywhere lol.

The company my wife works for has an office in spokane but I would rather stay in houston lol
                    Mentally Challenged

My Flickr

Comment

Very nice Rays!

I will not dwell on the fact I can't have one. (in freashwater) But look at what I can.

thanks for Sharing. all you cool fish...
                      Nothing Kills Evil Like a Sharp Stick...

Comment

umm, neither clown knives nor diamond stingrays are illegal in Texas. the only rays that are illegal are freshwater rays.

Comment

Just looked it up salt water rays are legal. Didn't know diamond rays were salty shows what I know.
                          Mentally Challenged

My Flickr

Comment

Were you coming to Houston for other reasons outside of the HAS thing?

There's something wrong with tejas for sure and I agree about the aro thing too... doesn't make any damn sense.
                            I dont know yet, work have been trolling :)

Originally posted by Kikki View Post
                            I did not know clownkinves were illegal... when we bought our 135gal off of craigslist about 10 months ago it came with a 13 inch one.
                            I am not 100% sure about the clownknife. LFS in dallas told me, but i am too lazy to confirm it :)

It is like the snake head thing people getting all crazy...

My wife can get a job anywhere lol.

The company my wife works for has an office in spokane but I would rather stay in houston lol

I would stay in houston :) You have all those petshop to goto versus else where.

Originally posted by troy tucker View Post
                            Very nice Rays!

I will not dwell on the fact I can't have one. (in freashwater) But look at what I can.

thanks for Sharing. all you cool fish...
                            Thanks!!

Originally posted by alexrex20 View Post
                            umm, neither clown knives nor diamond stingrays are illegal in Texas. the only rays that are illegal are freshwater rays.
                            I cant confirm on the clownknives, a lfs in dallas told me :) Too lazy to confirm, there is no point to verify becasue i dont live there "yet". As for the bd ray, they are illegal. I think you have the two species mixed up. These two species doesnt even look the same.

Just looked it up salt water rays are legal. Didn't know diamond rays were salty shows what I know.
                            BD Leopoldi is freshwater.... more research plz.

Comment

Perhaps you should do more research as well, because clown knifefish are not illegal in Texas. In fact, they're sold at pretty much every Petsmart and Petco, and every other fish store.

And yes, the black diamond ray is illegal, as it is a freshwater ray. Your video is titled diamond ray, and that is what I was referring to. The diamond ray is most certainly legal because it is a saltwater ray. It's good practice to list the entire common name or scientific name, especially when the abbreviated version can refer to several species (i.e. brichardi which can be of the genus Tropheus, Neolamprologus, Synodontis, etc.).

Comment

Working...
                              X