Upside down catfish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upside down catfish

I bought upside down catfish a week ago and have not seen them feed. They just stay in the log. I have fed them pellets at night as well and they never leave the log. I have tried bloodworms as well. What am i doing wrong???

What else do you have in there with them? And how long has the tank been set up?
    All bleeding stops eventually...

Comment

i have some tetras, dwarf frogs and danios. my tank us fully cycled

Comment

I doubt any of those are bothering them but I don't have much experience with the frogs. The catfish may be feeding on leftovers under the log or grazing on algae/plant growth. Is the tank planted, or do you have some good other hiding spots? I assume they're not breathing fast or showing other signs of illness/stress?

Comment

well i never really see them unless they dart out and back in. i cant tell u what they r doing in there i thought they would be visible like they where at petco but with hiding spots they suck :(

Comment

Yeah. I'd say wait em out. They might get more comfortable as time goes by. You might try adjusting the log position too so you can see them a little more.

Comment

they might be feed on left overs at night... Give them time some fish are just shy...
              Mentally Challenged

My Flickr

Comment

they will be even more shy without the hiding spots. once they settle in, they may even take to eating flake from the surface while upside down. the ones i have had did seem to feed at night and werent always in the open. they, like most if not all synodontis, are nocturnal by nature. you could try a small wattage red light at night so that you can view them. soime animals dont seem to see red well. hopefully the frogs are dwarf underwater frogs (hymenochirus sp.) and not african clawed frogs (xenopus sp.). DUF will stay small. ACF will eat everything they can fit into their mouths.
                75G Standard - High Light Planted Community Fish
                28G Aquapod - Medium Light Planted Shrimp & Microrasboras
                12G Eclipse - Bonsai Planted Betta & Shrimp
                29G Standard - Vivarium w/ Red Devil Crabs
                45G Exo-Terra - Terrarium w/ Hermit Crabs (in progress)
                33G Cubish - Vivarium w/ D.auratus 'blue & bronze'

GHAC Member

Comment

Working...
                X