Cloudy water in koi n fish tank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cloudy water in koi n fish tank

Hey guys I have a whole bunch of koi n gold fish in a 55... Yes I know that tank is too small for the fish, non the less, what can I do to keep the water clear, I clean the filter with its own water to keep the beneficial bacteria, and add carbon to clear it up, and water changes, bu will only last a day or too clear then gets cloudy again, I have two filter on it both rated for 60 gallon. Any advise would help thanks

More filtration with more bio media to handle the load.

more frequent water changes till the beneficial bacteria catches up, I'm assuming this tank was recently set up.
    700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

It had already been set up, had like maybe 10 or 12 goldfish and water was clear not until I added the koi it's started to get cloudy, I have live plants would putting them in tank help filter out the water as well

Comment

how long has it been set up?
        How many is "a bunch of koi" and how big are they?
        700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Been set up for about 4 months with 12 gold fish and added like 12 koi to the bunch

Comment

Yeah, definitely a big bio load there and looks like inadequate filtration like EK says.
            http://www.facebook.com/DAScolorado

Comment

Yea gonna try to get a another filter for my tank or DIY a sump tank

Comment

Way under filtration it is says 2 aqua clear 110
                Might not even cut it and they rated for 110 g

Wet and dry or canister

Goldfish and koi. They poop a lot lol
                125 gal-P. Kachase,simochromis, vampire pleco,bn pleco,bulldog pleco

55 gal- Ilangis ,clown pleco,abn pleco,rubber lip pleco

55 gal-Canary cheek,Ikola,duboisi, and fry

10 gal -fry tank,snails

Comment

Agreed way too many goldfish for that tank, How often are they fed and how frequent of water changes??? I would recommend at least two AC110's or a large sump, or Better yet a larger tank 125- 150 gal. Cut down the feedings as well every other day, till the water clears up.. I would do water changes about every other day on that tank with all those fish..

Tom

Comment

Best thing to do is a DIY wet dry for this tank or get a really big canister but it you can UPGRADE the tank size is also good

Comment

I do a water change every other day, n feed them every two days, want to upgrade but no funds, it was either take them in or let the previous owner euthanize them all, so I did the best thing.

Comment

Well why don't you let some go to the LFS? Cause what you're doing now is just as bad as euthanizing them... Get store credit from the LFS

Comment

Why don't you buy some... Just sayin lol but yea gonna make a wet dry set up

Comment

Working...
                          X