nova extreme lighting question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nova extreme lighting question

this light came with the 40b setup i purchase. was wondering what kind of corals will i be able to keep with it.

be warned with the older models. the ballast will more then likely go out on it and to be honest the reflector quality isn't all that great IME. if it's the stock reflector i would replace it with a german reflector (correct me if i'm wrong with the reflector type)

Comment

Im not sure on what the reflector it has on now. But the descriptions says that it comes with the German reflector.

Comment

With that output power. What am I able to keep under it?

Comment

Originally posted by johnnytrinh View Post
          With that output power. What am I able to keep under it?
          Pretty much anything with the right placement and upgraded reflector.High demanding corals being placed the highest. Mid light corals being in the middle and least being on sand bed and lower parts of the rocks. You can tell if it's the stock reflector when it's one solid piece and not individual reflectors for each bulb.

Comment

Originally posted by ometh View Post
            Pretty much anything with the right placement and upgraded reflector.High demanding corals being placed the highest. Mid light corals being in the middle and least being on sand bed and lower parts of the rocks. You can tell if it's the stock reflector when it's one solid piece and not individual reflectors for each bulb.
            yeah its one big reflector for all 4 bulbs now. where can i get the upgraded reflectors

Comment

Originally posted by johnnytrinh View Post
              yeah its one big reflector for all 4 bulbs now. where can i get the upgraded reflectors
              Hmmmm I can't entirely remember to be honest. you'll have to do a lil research and looking around and asking to see what you can get to put in the fixture that will fit. I would advise a tek light reflector but they wont fit.

Comment

Working...
              X