Photo assignment group

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photo assignment group

I started a photo group last week. Does anyone want to join?

"What is it?"
    Well, it's a group on Flickr that i post assignments to. I try to post 2 assignments a week. One compositional and one technical assignment but I might end up just doing just one a week and alternate between composition and technical. The purpose is to make you a lean mean shooting machine able to handle any situation.

"Why?"
    The purpose is to help you possibly learn new techniques and how to use some of the more advance features of your camera. No purpose in having tons of expensive gear and not being able to actually use it correctly.

"Will people make fun of my crappy pictures?"
    Generally no, but be open to criticism. It's there not to put you down but to make you better

"What gear do I need?"
    Anything is fine for the composition pictures, but for some of the more technical assignments, a camera with manual controls will be better. Later on, we might start asking people to get stuff like remote shutters, extension tubes/macros. But for now we're starting off with the basics. Puts everyone on even ground.

"Who do I pay money to?"
    Its free, jackass. But I you want you can PayPal me money.

I only ask for these things, to take the assignments seriously. Actually go out there and try, I understand life gets in the way but don't join and not participate. We're all learning and I think this is a good opportunity for new people to learn. For more experience shooters, consider it as practice and a chance to teach newbies.

What does compositional and technical entail?
    Mentally Challenged

My Flickr

Comment

Composition would be like rules of thirds, golden mean, high key. General rules of photography, when to use them and once you get them down.... Hopefully you'd learn when to break them.

Techincal would be more camera related like how to use bulb, differences between metering modes and when to use them. Generally it'll be the more technical aspect of photography. Getting you comfortable using certain features your Dslr has. Can't put the camera on automode forever.

Dont worry about sucking, we all sucked. Only thru learning thru example and actually doing it on your own will you get better.
      Last edited by soymilk; 05-14-2012, 06:25 PM.

Comment

Wow, this sounds really cool. but um, what is flicker? And do you give definations and explain things? Like I'm pretty sure I understand rules of thirds, but I have no idea what golden mean and high key are.

And is this for digital camera's only?
        Guppies:
        Hi-fin pepper Cory's, Black Cory's, Long Fin Golden Aneus, Swordtails, some lyretail(RREA's, Red, Albino Koi, Red & Gold Tux), Different types of BN plecos(albino, calico, long fin, blue eyed short & long fin)
        Mystery Snails, Yellow Shrimp, CPDs

HAS Master Aquatic Gardener awarded 1997
        HAS Master Fish Breeder awarded 1998

Comment

I am not worried about being the suck sauce I know I'm a noob :)

got a link to your group?
          Mentally Challenged

My Flickr

Comment

Flickr is a photowebsite. They let you upload pictures, they also have groups you can join. I try to explain things as well as I can. I will do Better from now on to include more sample pictures.

Its easier for digital cameras, since we can just upload. But if you want to shoot film, then scan it and upload it you can.

Linko
            Gonna dish out a new assignment every week. Your job if you choose to accept it is, take new pictures and follow that week's assignment or theme. We hope to challenge you and help you step up to the next level. What camera you have doesn't matter, but having a Dslr or point and shoot with manual controls would be in your best interest. That way you'll have full control of the proposed exposure as well as composure. Every few months we'll also have a photowalk and or picture photo hunt. Come out and join us or shoot at your own leisure.

Comment

alright man applied to join
              Mentally Challenged

My Flickr

Comment

Welcome onboard.

Comment

Originally posted by soymilk View Post
                  Welcome onboard.
                  Thanks
                  Mentally Challenged

My Flickr

Comment

Will you flunk me if I don't do my homework?
                    I ate my fish that died.

Comment

Join and shoot pictures. Try and do the assignments, generally it only takes a few mins every week. It also encourages you to shoot more often.

Heck, sometimes you can get away with just a camera phone.

Comment

Originally posted by myjohnson View Post
                        Will you funk me if I don't do my homework?
                        Sry, I don't swing that way.

Comment

Lol, please?
                          I ate my fish that died.

Comment

Count me ill. Ill try to.do it as often as possible.
                            75g Tank,
                            2- Wild Scalare Angel 2-wild Angel snakeskin, 2-half blue half black Angels, 5-Guianacara Geayi, 4- Blue Rams(1m/3f), 1- L144, 1- Pleco unknown type 1-Blue Neon Goby
                            2.5g Mini Monter - Shrimp Tank
                            10-RCS, 1-Red Sakura 5-Malawa, 8-Boraras Brigittie, 1-Adonis Pleco, 1-Zebra Nerite, 1-Horned Nerite
                            10g Tank
                            Hospital 2-F. Endlers

2-29g Empty Tank, 20L Empty Tank , 125g Empty Tank[SIGPIC]sigpic

Comment

Looking forward to learning from the wonderful folks in the group..

Comment

Working...
                              X