Camera Repair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camera Repair

Hi I have 3 Nikons; 2 950's and 1 990. One 950 thebattery case won’t stay closed and the other turns on but gives me a 'systemerror' message. The 990 turns on but goes on and off as the camera is moved.Does anyone know of a camera repair place in Houston where I could get thesefixed so I can use them? I really like these camera’s and am sad Nikon is nolonger making this body type.

Thanks.

Guppies:
    Hi-fin pepper Cory's, Black Cory's, Long Fin Golden Aneus, Swordtails, some lyretail(RREA's, Red, Albino Koi, Red & Gold Tux), Different types of BN plecos(albino, calico, long fin, blue eyed short & long fin)
    Mystery Snails, Yellow Shrimp, CPDs

HAS Master Aquatic Gardener awarded 1997
    HAS Master Fish Breeder awarded 1998

It would probably cost more to fix them than it would to replace them with a better camera.

Comment

Originally posted by Hangman View Post
      It would probably cost more to fix them than it would to replace them with a better camera.
      If I could get a camera with the same body type I would just replace them but this body type is no longer made and I REALLY like it. :) These are the nikons where the body swivels.
      Guppies:
      Hi-fin pepper Cory's, Black Cory's, Long Fin Golden Aneus, Swordtails, some lyretail(RREA's, Red, Albino Koi, Red & Gold Tux), Different types of BN plecos(albino, calico, long fin, blue eyed short & long fin)
      Mystery Snails, Yellow Shrimp, CPDs

HAS Master Aquatic Gardener awarded 1997
      HAS Master Fish Breeder awarded 1998

Comment

Yeah, I had the 990 back when it came out 12 years ago. At that time it was one of the best digital cameras. I really like the body too since it has a true camera grip for your hand to hold. It was very good camera for its time with its 3MP sensor, but compared to what today's sensor can do, its image quality is outclassed by even the entry level point and shoots when resized to 3MP.. GIven that they are so old it would be difficult to find parts since I doubt they still make the parts.

Comment

Camera Repair

I have to agree with hangman on this... But if you really want to:

I bring my cameras there for their sensor cleaning when they need it.

Comment

Working...
          X