Saltwater tang has ich.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saltwater tang has ich.

What is my best course of action. I don't have a second tank. Any advice is greatly appreciated. This idea my first sw tank.

What else is in the tank?
    700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Fish, one anemone, one coral, one snail, one hermit crab.

Comment

You have no other viable choice without effecting the other inhabitants.

If it were me I would pick which I like more and get rid of the one that is least wanted.
        700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

I don't follow. Get rid of the fish with ich? Or everything else? Is that what your saying?

Comment

pretty much...

If you don't plan on pulling the fish to treat then the chances are high for it to infect the others and everyone suffers. If you treat the tank to save it then the whole tank still suffers but there's a chance of you saving it.

Best option would be to pull the fish now before it infects the others.... what you do with it from there is up to you.
            700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

What's the best medicine

Comment

I don't think there is much that is suitable for a reef tank or rather, effective.

Try Kordon's rid ich which is suppose to be not as harsh but keep a close eye on the nem, corals and inverts, also keep tabs on them if they die so you can pull them out before they start to effect the water quality.
                700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Kordon has an organic rid Ich but I have come to the solution of just letting whatever happen happen and make sure params are good. No treatment is for sure.
                  Resident fish bum
                  330G FOWLR
                  34G Reef
                  330G Discus biotopish (no longer running)
                  28G JBJ Reef (no longer running)
                  Treasurer, GHAC

Comment

Thank you very much guys. I am going to try to catch him tomorrow and put him in a separate tank. I'm picking one up tomorrow.

Comment

Very happy to say I contacted the guy I got the tang from and he willingly offered to swap me for another fish. Awesome! he's got my business for sure. I got 5 fish from him on a trade and only that one is sick. Probably due to the move.

Comment

Fantastic that he fixed the prob.
                        Good Luck.
                        Nothing Kills Evil Like a Sharp Stick...

Comment

Working...
                        X