Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New release: First nature aquarium led light

Aqua Design Amano RELEASE! First Nature Aquarium LED Light

ADG - http://www.adgshop.com/ is announcing a SPECIAL INTRODUCTORY RATE of only $195 for all pre-orders made before June 3rd, 2012.

It finally happened. The project kept secret years by Takashi Amano was finally unveiled quietly by Aqua Design Amano in April. That project is AQUASKY, the first Nature Aquarium LED lighting system for freshwater planted aquariums.

Mr. Amano, who has had a lifelong passion for nature, and concern for it’s long-term conservation, had sought a way to make Nature Aquarium even more friendly for the environment. Being inspired by many trips to the Amazon, which he calls the last great wilderness, Africa, South East Asia, and the few wilderness areas left in Japan, Mr. Amano made his mission clear: to spread the love of mother nature across the world through teaching Nature Aquarium.

The development of AQUASKY was but a whisper for years - a rumor in aquatics. But behind the scenes, Mr. Amano was finely crafting his new light.

“It had to be an LED, because this new technology allows a much greater conservation of energy and much longer life span of the bulb (we parsed the AQUASKY at 30,000 hours). Plus, the small, compact design allowed for us to use less material than the previous Solar Mini, which means that it makes less impact on the environment when being produced, shipped across the world and we do not have to manufacture replacement bulbs, which add to the environmental impact.”

There are many other LED lights on the market, but how did they effect plants? Mr. Amano had been on a mission to not only produce an LED light with the ADA trademark classic design but also to make one which grows aquatic plants effectively.

“Many LED lights on the market are not for aquatic plants - their lighting is either decorative or for marine aquaria. Unsatisfied with what was available in the market for growing aquatic plants effectively, the AQUASKY had to be the best light yet made to grow plants. The AQUASKY is so effective, with such a precise color temperature (optimized for 7,000-8,000K replicating noon sun) suitable for aquatic plants, that it replaces all of the SOLAR MINI in the Nature Aquarium Gallery in Niigata, Japan. It truly is the first groundbreaking LED light for aquatic plants.”

Questions:

Q: What Aquarium size is the AQUASKY for?

A: Currently there is a 30CM offering for any aquarium that is 30cm in length (12 inches). This fits the Cube Garden 30-C and the Mini S redesign (currently the 30cm AQUASKY does not fit the 31cm Mini S, but a new Mini S is being released which is slightly wider and is 30 cm long instead of 31cm).

There is also another version, the 36cm long version for the Cube Garden Mini M or any rimless 36cm long aquarium.

Q: Are there plans for more LED lights from ADA for larger aquaria?

A: Ha ha, well, you will just have to wait and see my friend.

How can I get my new AQUASKY?

For the United States, the primary contact is Frank Wazeter for Aqua Design Amano, he can be reached at 832.459.5172 or frankw@aquariumdesigngroup.com ; Aquarium Design Group is offering the introductory price of:

$195 if ordered by June 3rd for the first shipment. Please visit Aquarium Design Group’s website at http://www.adgshop.com

30CM (12 inch) version: http://www.adgshop.com/product_p/108-068.htm
    36CM (14.17 inches) version: http://www.adgshop.com/product_p/108-069.htm

Act Now and Reserve Yours, as Quantities Will be Limited.

Technical Specs:

Light housing unit size: W280mm x D68mm x H9mm
    Clear stand size: W300mm x D100mm x H95mm (for aquarium 30cm in width) / W360mm x D100 x H95mm (for 
aquarium 36cm in width)
    *** AQUASKY is NOT compatible with current Cube Garden Mini S and Cube Glass Mini S (31cm in width) ***
    New Cube Garden Mini S and Cube Glass Mini S with 30cm in width will be coming out soon.

[Product Specification]
    Input voltage: AC100~240V 50/60Hz
    Power consumption: 17W
    Current consumption: 0.4A
    Luminous flux: 1450~1550ml
    Color temperature: 7,000K~8,000K
    LED: 0.4W/each x 30
    LED lifespan: over 30,000hrs (depending on operating environment)
    Operating temperature range: -20℃~ 35℃
    Last edited by fwazeter; 05-10-2012, 01:20 PM.

Very clean and slick design !
    Don't tell fish stories where people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish.
    Mark Twain

Comment

Wow really they only make it two sizes.
      Mentally Challenged

My Flickr

Comment

It's their initial offering - though if you had 2-3 of these you could easily fit them over a 60-P since the 60-P has a 30cm width.

Comment

Originally posted by fwazeter View Post
          It's their initial offering - though if you had 2-3 of these you could easily fit them over a 60-P since the 60-P has a 30cm width.
          Really three years in development and only two sizes?
          Mentally Challenged

My Flickr

Comment

ADA tends to make small lights and then expect you to add mutliples of them, amano will use 3-4 mini solar on big tanks (a 70 inch tank in the new TFH features three grand solar lights each with a 150W MH and 2 x 36W T5HO!). it looks killer, but i am sceptical of 30 x 0.4W LEDs in the "7000k to 8000k" range. I will wait for plenty if reviews to come in because i would think that a 5 x 3W AquaRay 400 fixture may have better PAR, is smaller, features quality OSHRAM emitters, and is 50 bucks less. I havent tried A ar yet but that will be my first foray into LED unless I find a good DIY article for LED dummies
            75G Standard - High Light Planted Community Fish
            28G Aquapod - Medium Light Planted Shrimp & Microrasboras
            12G Eclipse - Bonsai Planted Betta & Shrimp
            29G Standard - Vivarium w/ Red Devil Crabs
            45G Exo-Terra - Terrarium w/ Hermit Crabs (in progress)
            33G Cubish - Vivarium w/ D.auratus 'blue & bronze'

GHAC Member

Comment

Originally posted by Totenkampf View Post
              ADA tends to make small lights and then expect you to add mutliples of them, amano will use 3-4 mini solar on big tanks (a 70 inch tank in the new TFH features three grand solar lights each with a 150W MH and 2 x 36W T5HO!). it looks killer, but i am sceptical of 30 x 0.4W LEDs in the "7000k to 8000k" range. I will wait for plenty if reviews to come in because i would think that a 5 x 3W AquaRay 400 fixture may have better PAR, is smaller, features quality OSHRAM emitters, and is 50 bucks less. I havent tried A ar yet but that will be my first foray into LED unless I find a good DIY article for LED dummies
              Really, ADA is the only credible source I trust (read, just my opinion, whatever that's worth to you) on LED's for Planted Aquaria. Mostly because Amano refuses to put his name to anything that doesn't absolutely, 100% work. Especially for lighting. Wattage absolutely doesn't matter. The old watt per gallon rule is archaic.

I know i'll be putting up this light on my Mini M at home, so you'll for sure have access to a first hand growing / maintaining of a planted aquarium with it. (You can find my Mini M journal in the Planted Section).

I mean, retrofitting the entire NA Gallery in Niigata's row of Mini's with this light is pretty convincing. Most other companies just buy another image to place under their light (we have had a few companies ask us to sell them photographs of our coral aquariums or reef tanks with their light just added on top). The difference is ADA actually grows out their tanks using their equipment, rather than post-processing their product in.

It's not good or bad, it's just that most LED manufacturers are geared towards Reef (which is logical, that's the much bigger hobby in the USA).

Comment

Honestly, I believe the AQUASKY is only intended for nano aquaria - and that there will be a new LED soon that is for 60-P's and above.

The ADA formula is this:

Solar Mini -> Nano's (only Mini S and Mini M)
                Solar I or Solar II -> ADA 45-P (10 gal) to 75-P (30 gallon)
                Grand Solar I or Grand Solar II -> 90-P (38 gallon)
                x2 Solar I -> 120-P, 120-H -> 48-68 gallons
                x3 Solar I or x3 Grand Solar I -> 180-P, 180 gallons.

Comment

Damn! NICE!
                  700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

well i will be waiting to see that over your nano fwazeter, that thing looks great as it is so if you can see a measurable difference there than that will be proof enough for me. I wasnt referencing the WPG rule when i was comparing many 0.4W LEDs to fewer 3W LEDs, especially since both fixtures are around the same total wattage (12-15W). I am thinking that the bigger LEDs may have better PAR / PUR ratings in much the same way that a single 54W T5HO has noticable greater intensity that a 2 x 28W T5HO fixture. I hoping that what ADA is doing is not another marineland doublebright. i have seen a doublebright end to end with a marineland reef fixture using 3W LEDs and there was no comparison, the reef fixture was far more intense. i do realize that intensity, as we percieve it, as in the wrong spectrum for use as a gauge of PAR but all eye had to compare with were my I s
                    75G Standard - High Light Planted Community Fish
                    28G Aquapod - Medium Light Planted Shrimp & Microrasboras
                    12G Eclipse - Bonsai Planted Betta & Shrimp
                    29G Standard - Vivarium w/ Red Devil Crabs
                    45G Exo-Terra - Terrarium w/ Hermit Crabs (in progress)
                    33G Cubish - Vivarium w/ D.auratus 'blue & bronze'

GHAC Member

Comment

Working...
                    X